13-AA

dmm88

Disagree. Westview still clear favorite. Tasia will be back around Christmas/First year, but other players will take care of business till then. Too much size, speed and shooters.. 2-5 are open. 1 + 6 will be set.

1. Westview

2. Dyersburg

3. South Gibson

4. Milan

5. Crockett

6. Obion

I heard district tourney time. Must be rehabbing aggressively. Thats gonna be a great race 2-5. Big question is Milan gonna show that they are ready to compete in this district. Talent and coaching they have. Just a matter of doing it now.

I agree. Without Tasia, Westview will still be strong. With Tasia, they will be even stronger. She should be back right after Christmas break. Rehab has gone really well for her which doesn't surprise anyone due to her determination. Everybody after #1 is a toss up

Who finishes where?? 1-4 is WIDE open with the injury to Tasia Jones.

I agree with you that 1-4 is WIDE open.  I'm not ready to crown Westview just yet.  They have an incredible post player in Deja but if you get in a running match with this team they cant keep up. And without Titi Vincent you lose speed and a good defender.  I think they will struggle without Tasia, and maybe some when she gets back.

South Gibson only district loses last year were to Westview  and they came in second in the district and region.  They almost beat Haywood in sectionals and it seems they have a stronger team this year.

Milan with coach Eddings and Xzandrea in the middle I think they have a shot at beating Westview also. X is a very athletic post and I think Eddings will be good for her. If they get good guard play they will be a tough out. 

Dyersburg is quick and if you get in a running match with them, Lady Bug (Jamirah Shutes mini me) will run you out the gym.  They also have a  larger post presence this year. 

I think we are in for a very entertaining season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Disagree. Westview still clear favorite. Tasia will be back around Christmas/First year, but other players will take care of business till then. Too much size, speed and shooters.. 2-5 are open. 1 + 6 will be set.

1. Westview

2. Dyersburg

3. South Gibson

4. Milan

5. Crockett

6. Obion

I think you are spot on here. Not sold that 1-4 are wide open.  I feel like 1 and 2 will most likely be westview and dyersburg.  3-6 will be WIDE open.  Westview just has too much talent even without Tasia.

• 1 month later...

Westview will take the district again.

1)Westview

2)SG

3)D'burg

4)Crockett

5)Obion

6)Milan

I watched Milan lose to a weak Bradford squad on Saturday night. Milan's post #24 is nice, but outside of her they struggle. The little PG #20 is quick but can only go right. Good teams will shut her down. I've now seen all of these teams and I think D'burg & Crockett will battle it out for third. Just my opinion. What do ya'll think ???