Bartlett at Whitehaven - Week 8

kwc

Whitehaven, 4-0 in Region 4-6A, hosts Bartlett, 0-4 in region play. Whitehaven beat White Station last week by a score of 20-14. Barlett lost to Germantown by a score of 48-13. Whitehaven has to remain focused and not take Bartlett for granted. Bartlett has nothing to lose and would love to come to The Haven and play spoiler. How do we see this one playing out?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dog walking. I know not overlooking the other team won't let you say otherwise, but from an outside perspective, I think its probably running clock. .

I think a lot of folks would agree just by looking at their respective region records. Whitehaven has two of the last three at home and this is one of them. I think this game is going to be homecoming and next week's game will probably be senior's night. That could be a lot of distraction.

Whitehaven, 4-0 in Region 4-6A, hosts Bartlett, 0-4 in region play. Whitehaven beat White Station last week by a score of 20-14. Barlett lost to Germantown by a score of 48-13. Whitehaven has to remain focused and not take Bartlett for granted. Bartlett has nothing to lose and would love to come to The Haven and play spoiler. How do we see this one playing out?

Whitehaven can name the score.  Nolo contendere

Perfect opponent for Homecoming. I wish I could be there. This is the type of game that should be used to build that functional depth. The First Half, regardless of score, should remain in the hands of the 1s, in my humble opinion. By the 8:00 mark of the 3rd one would hope that the majority of the 1s will be watching the game unless they need some film and/or extra work for one reason or another but like with any opponent of this caliber you have to take away any and all hope EARLY unless you want to make it a game, unnecessarily. 

This game shouldn't be close even if it is homecoming for whitehaven. Whitehavens defense is too strong to allow Bartlett to move the ball and I don't see them stopping kylan Watkins and that running attack. Should see a lot of young guys play this night.

I agree that this game shouldn't be close but we are dealing with teenagers here. However, the coaches have done a wonderful job of keeping the young men focused all year. I don't think this game will be any different in that regard.

I actually like this stretch of games and the judicious use of the bye week. Whitehaven plays Bartlett, then the bye, then Collierville before playing Cordova in the final game of the season. 

Nothing Against Bartlett my alma matter . But they need some help on d big time . I seriously think it will be a running clock in the 2nd half . Speed kills in this game .

I don't think that anybody familiar with these two programs is going to hold selecting Whitehaven over Bartlett against you. I know that earlier in the year your RB was making some noise stat-wise. How is he classified?

Edited by kwc

Our running back did not play against white station . Got hurt in the Houston game and Germantown last week as well. He is a senior . I just keep hearing we are a year away. We have not played nobody decent non district to get us ready for these games .

It takes time to build a program. Especially one that will compete in this region. This region is only getting tougher. I agree with your premise on tougher competition earlier though. However, you schedule who you can schedule.