Franklin Co Visits Summit

TGUN

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams are 2-1 in the conference but Summit has played the best teams in the region and Franklin County has played the worst teams in the region.

Summit is 4-2 with losses to Independence (6-0) and Spring Hill (4-2). And good wins over Shelbyville (5-1) and Clarksville (4-3).

Franklin Co. is 3-3 with losses to Mt. Juliet (5-2), Stewarts Creek (4-3) and Marshall Co. (6-1) by a combined 109 points. And wins over Columbia, Lincoln Co. and Tullahoma who are a combined 2-17. 

Summit 49

Franklin Co. 14

Both teams are 2-1 in the conference but Summit has played the best teams in the region and Franklin County has played the worst teams in the region.

Summit is 4-2 with losses to Independence (6-0) and Spring Hill (4-2). And good wins over Shelbyville (5-1) and Clarksville (4-3).

Franklin Co. is 3-3 with losses to Mt. Juliet (5-2), Stewarts Creek (4-3) and Marshall Co. (6-1) by a combined 109 points. And wins over Columbia, Lincoln Co. and Tullahoma who are a combined 2-17. 

Summit 49

Franklin Co. 14

Going by the stats I don't see FC winning this game but ill be delusional and say FC gets the upset over Summit  :o . Go Rebels!!!!!

Edited by delusional32

At the game and I just don't get it. FC has had some good drives and all but they couldn't stop a hot wheel with a bulldozer. Horrible!! To bad we are not in 5-5A or we would be a #2 seed.

Ummmmmmm yeah about that hot wheel he just happens to be one of the best backs in the area and has a compliment of two others who simply wore FC def out and Summits D did what they needed to do for a shutout.... Can't forget Summits o-line who was undersized but executed well...

Ummmmmmm yeah about that hot wheel he just happens to be one of the best backs in the area and has a compliment of two others who simply wore FC def out and Summits D did what they needed to do for a shutout.... Can't forget Summits o-line who was undersized but executed well...

Was not referring to any player as a hot wheel. Was referring to FC defense being over powered by the same 2-3 plays. You would think that FC would make adjustments.

Was not referring to any player as a hot wheel. Was referring to FC defense being over powered by the same 2-3 plays. You would think that FC would make adjustments.

I don't know that Smith has ever known how to make adjustments. When his teams are winning because they are a private school that recruits the best athletes, and then he lives off that easy championship for the rest of his career why would he need to make any?  FC needs to go ahead and cut its losses and find a coach that can do something with the players they have.

I don't know that Smith has ever known how to make adjustments. When his teams are winning because they are a private school that recruits the best athletes, and then he lives off that easy championship for the rest of his career why would he need to make any?  FC needs to go ahead and cut its losses and find a coach that can do something with the players they have.

I don't think making defensive adjustments would have changed the outcome. I watched Summit run the same 4 - 5 plays all night long. What I saw was a 150? Lb backs that ran through 3-4 arm tackles for 10-12 yards all night going inside and outside the tackles. I saw our DBs / LBs take poor angles to contain and keep their backs from getting wide. And when we did contain and force them inside, we couldn't tackle. I do agree we needed to make adjustments but if you can't block and tackle, any adjustment is mute. We are a team that lacks basic football fundamentals...poor blocking and poor tackling.

Rampage, as far as the coaching, from what I been hearing at games is that we have plenty of great coaching...6-10 rows up in the stands. They seem to able to analyze exactly what plays we need to run, who should be playing where, etc... If they know so much then why aren't they coaching their son, nephew, cousin in the back yard because apparently the coaches aren't teaching these kids anything. But then again if they are then that even explains more of the bad coaching these kids are getting. I see the same poor techniques at the middle school level and that just get carried up to high school.

So let's cut ties with ALL the poor coaching in FC and go find the 10 coaches that willing to come and turn this program around AT ALL Levels... I think you should spearhead the search and come up with plan to fund this program from the ground up. My guess is that no matter who's coaching we'll still have the 10-15 experts 6 rows up

FCRebel22, you have hit the nail on the head. It is so sicken to listen to all the experts in the stands. They all talk about how the coaches are screwed up and do not know what they are doing. Yet I can see from the stands that it might not be a bad play called, just poor execution. Poor tackles and miss blocks start with the players themselves. It is up to the coaches to call the plays to put the kids into position to make the plays. But the kids have to make the play. FC is not the only school going through this. The outside influence of parents talking bad about the coaches to the kids, spreads like wild fire. Then the kids lay down and do not give 100% because their parents make them believe it will not do any good. Then half of your team plays at 50% and ends up getting other kids hurt and the coaches look bad because it looks like they called BS plays. Or they wonder why the coach only calls a hand full of plays. It could be because with kids giving 50% there is only a hand full of plays they can try to get away with.