UTC's improvement and interest from local players?

Playerscoach

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Mckinney just got a committment from a big time 2019 recruit from Memphis. This player will be a day 1 starter for him and an all conference player before she leaves if she continues her current development trajectory. Gavin/Martin are getting it done in recruiting. Other great players will notice this.

How many do you think utc will take for the 2020 class?

I don't know? I think the current freshman class had 12 in it? This year he signed 7. I've heard he has commitments from several players for 2018. The 2019 and 2020 classes couldn't have many unless the numbers work out by then? Being fully funded with 14 scholarships now has to help him moreso than the previous coach?

He's a darn good coach and if he can convince kids like the player I mentioned from Memphis/Lobos he will give Samford some competition. I think he's a great coach and an even better person. Bigger schools will come after him if he can make them a contender.

One thing that is interesting to me is which team is playing the best between Belmont, TTU, Lipscomb, and UTC at the end of the season next year. Springthorpe (NC State/Duke/UF/Fresno State) at TTU got Lipscomb and Louisville transfers that will immediately boost his attack. Plus he has some attacking players coming in that may be a big help. Belmont added some scoring punch as well in freshman Garst so IMO D1 soccer in middle TN will be much improved next year and beyond. Look for TTU to pass Lipscomb as the best program, other than Vandy, in TN next year if TTU's transfers have the impact folks think they will.

UT will struggle to equal this years record after losing Wilkenson but getting MTSUs best player in Salera Jordan as a transfer could help?

Speaking of MTSU they look as if they will be less talented than last year by a decent margin.

It's hard to envision TTU being #2 in the state, but it's all about recruiting. Coach Fulmer proved how much could be done with great recruits.

What position does this Memphis player excel at?

Last year Lipscomb beat Vandy and Vandy beat UT. I know its not a perfect analogy but TTU has everybody back plus Lipscombs best attacker the last two seasons and a mid from Louisville that is outstanding. Vandy will be pretty good and UT has a huge loss in Wilkenson their all american and key to their attack. UT did get a JC forward that is very good and Jordan so they might help the sting of the Willkinson loss.

Another reason is TTU beat Alabama and Alabama beat UT 5-1. Comparative scoreing is not the best indicator but UT has done less with more while TTU has done the opposite. TTU had an excellent, proven coach while UT's coach has yet to do much of anything with his group? He's had great success before UT but his tenure at UT has not been anything near his past work. He's also in the last year of his contract so many believe he's in a lame duck status.

The Memphis kid can play mid and has great pace as a forward. Not sure where UTC will play her?

Edited by Playerscoach