UTC's improvement and interest from local players?

Playerscoach

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know of anyone. It just seems UTC is getting early commitments these past couple of years.

I only started paying close attention to it this year but it seems kids are being offered earlier (sophomore) by D1 schools like UTC/TTU/Belmont/WKU. SEC schools have offered early for years but these schools seem to be making kids think about opportunities there. I know Coaches Hart and Roh at Alabama move slower than the others but for the most part the SEC is out of $$$ by this time kids sophomore year. Miss State and KY both have new staffs so that has changed their timetables.

Seems like UTC may have some momentum compared to those other schools in the 2019 class though. Good point.

BTW I heard Moody at South Alabama (from Carson Newman) is making his way back to TN for recruiting. That's a quality program (top 30 at one point this past season) that would be great for TN kids.

I do not know much about South Alabama, but he should have many connections in this area.

Tennessee needs to find the right mix so they can right their ship. This looks to be a critical year for Penske.

Penske has an uphill battle for sure. Maybe his JC forward will help ease the loss of Wilkinson? Maybe Salera Jordan can help too? She's a great player no doubt.

His seat is super hot so I hope he has a great year.

Edited by Playerscoach

Players,

Which programs are your daughter looking at? How early did she get serious about it?

She's open to any program interested in her. She actually is just wanting to find a home and is taking it slowly. As a family we are talking to coaches first then she takes it from there. Her only serious position is that any school that puts a time limit on her is crossed off her list. So far coaches have been great and only asked her where she is in the process and not pressured her.

As far as schools go she's a little fish on a team full of big fish. She's just happy, and humbled, coaches have expressed interest. It doesn't matter to her what level or location.

Recruiting really took off for her after the Disney event at New Years where she played for her ECNL and TSC team. She played in front of 170 colleges and some of the schools there have been tracking her since she was in 8th grade.

Lots of really good players and coaches in the state. Guys like CoachG have done a great job building peograms and helping kids develop for beyond HS.

That's great stuff! Tell her good luck in the process. TSC usually wins state league so I'm sure she gets regional coaches seeing her in that event.

High school apparently has minimal college coaches visiting their games so club is a better way to get exposed. What year does she graduate?

2019. They just beat FC Alliance (SRPL game) last weekend 3-1 to qualify them for the regionals. She plays holding mid for TSC and had a goal and assist. She got lucky. :)

The ECNL really helped her get exposure. In fact, we waited a year too late to do it. Should have done it her 9th grade year. Her BUSA U16 team did well this year. Many TN kids can play at a high ECNL level but have not had the exposure it will bring. If a kid aspires to play SEC soccer playing ECNL is a great vehicle to get there. I highly recommend it if it's at all possible. Any of the Atlanta teams and BUSA are a great option. Im not sure how the new conference TSC/FCA will be?

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2017 at 2:24 PM, MountainVol said:

That's great stuff! Tell her good luck in the process. TSC usually wins state league so I'm sure she gets regional coaches seeing her in that event.

High school apparently has minimal college coaches visiting their games so club is a better way to get exposed. What year does she graduate?

Just saw UTCs 2018 twin recruits from SC. They are very talented and have great size as well as speed. 

The 2019's from FC Alliance are both good as is the one from the Lobos. 

That program is brining in some very good talent. Especially compared to Belmont, Lipscomb, TTU, Austin Peay, WKU, etc... Lipscomb is doing an outstanding job as far as I can tell but I'd put UTC very close behind then the others fairly below those two. 

The size, speed, and technical ability of those groups as a whole is very impressive.

If Mckinney keeps this up they could make a strong run at the conference championship in three years. Especially considering the improvement his team made last season.

21 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Just saw UTCs 2018 twin recruits from SC. They are very talented and have great size as well as speed. 

The 2019's from FC Alliance are both good as is the one from the Lobos. 

That program is brining in some very good talent. Especially compared to Belmont, Lipscomb, TTU, Austin Peay, WKU, etc... Lipscomb is doing an outstanding job as far as I can tell but I'd put UTC very close behind then the others fairly below those two. 

The size, speed, and technical ability of those groups as a whole is very impressive.

If Mckinney keeps this up they could make a strong run at the conference championship in three years. Especially considering the improvement his team made last season.

Is your daughter committed to UTC?

It does appear to be an up and coming program.