Mt juliet and transferred player

FBfan26

Just seen a online petition about a kid who transfered from MT juliet football to East Nashville High. The petition basically stated that the principal or athletic director hasn't wrote the Tssaa a letter to release the kid so he can play. Does anybody else have any info on this? I don't see why MJ wouldn't right the letter with them moving to metro and the mother having cancer.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

______ is a junior football player for East Nashville Magnet. The problem is he hasn't played in a game all season. Bubba moved from Mt Juliet where he played for Mt Juliet high. Bubba moved from Mt Juliet to Davidson county and in the process he enrolled into East. There was no way Bubba could attend Mt Juliet or play for them living in another county. He made the team and was told he could not play unless Mt Juliet sends the tssaa a letter releasing him. East and Mt Juliet do not play eachother in the regular season or in the playoffs. All it takes is for the principal Mel Brown and Athletic director Mike Duncan to send the letter and the tssaa will release him. Teachers and principals should be supporting our kids and not holding them back. It's hurting bubba. Imagine your child being held back from what they love. Bubbas mother is battling cancer. Imagine you moving and not being able to play while your family goes through this.Imagine your kids dreams on hold all because you had to move and wouldn't be able to play for your previous school. All it takes is a letter from the school to allow bubba to participate in what he loves. Let the kids play. They are kids. Mt Juliet should support not hold back. - This is the petition. I took the players real name out and left the nickname.

I think we don't know all the details. TSSAA doesn't allow a player to transfer to a different school solely for sports without a period of sitting out, am I correct?

WE don't that's why I'm asking. It's has around 650 signatures. The kid has moves inside of Davidson county so I'm trying to understand why he's not eligible anyway. Edited by FBfan26

WE don't that's why I'm asking. It's has around 650 signatures. The kid has moves inside of Davidson county so I'm trying to understand why he's he's not eligible anyway.

The only thing I could think of being a former coach would be he left Mt. Juliet on bad terms either academically or disciplinary reason. He would not need a letter if neither was the case

______ is a junior football player for East Nashville Magnet. The problem is he hasn't played in a game all season. Bubba moved from Mt Juliet where he played for Mt Juliet high. Bubba moved from Mt Juliet to Davidson county and in the process he enrolled into East. There was no way Bubba could attend Mt Juliet or play for them living in another county. He made the team and was told he could not play unless Mt Juliet sends the tssaa a letter releasing him. East and Mt Juliet do not play eachother in the regular season or in the playoffs. All it takes is for the principal Mel Brown and Athletic director Mike Duncan to send the letter and the tssaa will release him. Teachers and principals should be supporting our kids and not holding them back. It's hurting bubba. Imagine your child being held back from what they love. Bubbas mother is battling cancer. Imagine you moving and not being able to play while your family goes through this.Imagine your kids dreams on hold all because you had to move and wouldn't be able to play for your previous school. All it takes is a letter from the school to allow bubba to participate in what he loves. Let the kids play. They are kids. Mt Juliet should support not hold back. - This is the petition. I took the players real name out and left the nickname.

I really hate that adults are out here trying to ruin these young men because they do not want to play at their school....Tssaa is allowing this stuff to go on here in this state...These adults are trying to hurt these kids so sad...and most of the time it's a black young man that they are trying to hurt.   Slavery abolished in America on Dec 18, 1865....You do not own these young black athletes....Yeah I said It!!!!!

I really hate that adults are out here trying to ruin these young men because they do not want to play at their school....Tssaa is allowing this stuff to go on here in this state...These adults are trying to hurt these kids so sad...and most of the time it's a black young man that they are trying to hurt.   [/size]Slavery abolished[/size] in America on Dec 18, 1865....You do not own these young [/size]black athletes....Yeah I said It!!!!!

I definitely wouldn't try to play the race card and open up that bag of worms. I've seen the same thing happen with all different races

I definitely wouldn't try to play the race card and open up that bag of worms. I've seen the same thing happen with all different races

I hate that they do the kids like this also. I think there's something deeper but the kid is not black nor White. So let's leave the Race thing alone. Edited by FBfan26