The Lions Are Roaring and The Tornadoes are Storming. UC vs Dresden.

BigSwo

It's here. It's here. It is finally here. The game we have all been waiting for. Who is the best in the west? That question will finally be answered. Or at least speculated. Both offences can score plenty of points. But who can manage the game better? UC still has plenty of work to do on defense and cloud still work out some kinks on offense. The battle will be in the trenches and who can limit penalties and turnovers. I can't wait to get started. What say you?

Guest hevyrevy1611

This is the year of the Lions (as I say every year. Ha) As we head toward the top two ranked teams in 1A battling it out, here's my cheer: Pork Chops.. Pork Chops.. Greasy.. Greasy.. The Lions gonna win it easy easy. .. Lol. Well, even if not so easy we still gonna win. (Have I ever predicted anything else?). It's a different mindset & attitude on this year's team. Dresden has unfinished business to take care of, it will be 15 in '16. Wonder what folk will think & say IF Dresden wins big, going away? Won't be long until we see. Should be a great game. (But same was said about Dresden vs Trenton-Peabody. Of course these two are diff teams, duh, point is Lions may be much better than many realize).

I hope yso is okay. I knowtthings are pretty bad down there in Florida. Let us know you are okay yso. Also, where is the Reaper? I was hoping we could have another conversation this year.

I will be tailgating with some of you Lions fans this week. I understand dtown360 will be part of the group. I'm looking forward to some of that hog you guys will be cooking up. So fbfan, I want to see you too. I love this game and this is my favorite fan base to get together with.

I looked ahead and it is supposed to rain. ......what do you think happens in a water soaked game? That's a good thing to talk about. Also, how does this game set things up for a potential rematch in the quarter finals? So much to talk about. This just got real fun.

Guest hevyrevy1611

"Also-rans", the average, ordinary teams & players will justify & excuse & rationalize why they're slipping, getting worse, not up to par and not improving anymore. And it'll be 1001 reasons but never themselves. But true champions say: "good enough.. isn't! Good, better, best, never let it rest, 'till your good becomes better, and your better becomes best!" A winner finds way to improve themselves, striving to always be hungrier, better, faster, stronger, smarter, wiser, more positive & inspiring. They realize that just as the problem of losing starts in one's self, even so the answer to winning & the secret to success starts with yourself as well. "If it's to be, it's up to me" is what a champion believes. The "me" of yourself, and the "me" of your whole team. Win as one, lose as one. The difference between ordinary & extraordinary is that lil bit of extra. :D Go Lions.

Edited by hevyrevy1611

Don't worry swo I survived my first hurricane. Been busy cleaning up the mess and sitting in the dark. Good thing Briggs & Stratton makes a good generator. Think we really dodged a bullet with Mathew staying a little further over the ocean than expected.

Enough crying over the perils of paradise. Big game round one is finally here!!! What we've all been waiting for. No more big dogs verses puppies it's finally pit bull verses pit bull. Even in the dark I've been hearing rumors about a players return for UC. Could it be true? Will it give UC a extra spark? Will Dresden finally leap on big brother and show they have grown into the team they should be? Muddy field and rain changes much for either team? Usually hurts the passing team but Dresden has a very good running crew. Can't wait for Friday night!

One of my pet theories of being at the top as DaMan is that it ain't as easy to stay there as some may think. imho many top-tier players & teams face the danger of getting too proud & cocky, thinking they have arrived and are unbeatable, so they'll coast along and then plateau out, while the up & coming hungry teams will find some weaknesses to exploit and take down the king of the hill. This loss can be so devastating to the mentality & self-image of the former proud best team that they'll tailspin downward, and recovering becomes difficult indeed. They have the same athletes on the team and all that but now they are tainted in their mind and hearts, and as Henry Ford said, "Whether a man thinks he can, or thinks he can't, he's right." This principle is also found in several Bible passages, like: Pride goeth before a fall, & a haughty spirit before destruction. (This is the bad kind of pride here the Bible talking about, not all kinds of pride are bad). Or the Top team has a danger of starting to think they will automatically win, others roll over for them. That their opponents are pushovers, an easy win. So the Top Dog team don't practice as hard, run as fast, slack off a little on blocks, this winning they do has gotten so regular & so easy for them they take it for granted. It's just the way things are and always will be no matter how hard they practice & play. This is a case of the saying "familiarity breeds contempt" being true. They lose their hunger, edge, passion, intensity. They have nothing to prove anymore, are too used to winning, and feel they have arrived at the pinnacle and don't have to try as hard anymore. And once a hungry, ambitious, never-give-in team beats them, this lose might damage the team psyche to begin playing beneath their abilities and downward they slip. I believe to stay at top... whatever you did to get there, you must continue to do, and do so in overdrive. More hunger. More practice, drills, improvements. Daily striving to: Get better. Stronger. Faster. Smarter. Wiser. Set higher goals. Never overestimate one's self nor underestimate (or overlook) any opponent. This isn't just a nice sports cliché, but it is the way champions are, and how they do things. Every practice you go 110%. Every down in a game you do the same. Be positive & inspiring, uplifting & encouraging to teammates. Help others get better. And know that your worst enemy, your biggest opponent is never another player, it's YOU. Yourself is the one who allows you to slack off, go slower, take a rest this time, cruise along for awhile, don't worry about nutrition or habits you have that aren't good for the temple of your body. It's you that allows you to not set higher goals, who'll justify that good enough is alright, just go as hard as needed to not have coaches get on you and to get some playing time. It's one's self who'll justify & excuse & rationalize why you're slipping, getting worse, and not improving anymore. But true champions say: "good enough.. isn't! Good, better, best, never let it rest,'till your good becomes better, and your better becomes best!" A winner finds way to improve themselves, striving to always be hungrier, better, faster, stronger, smarter, wiser, more positive & inspiring. They realize that just as the problem of losing starts in one's self, even so the answer to winning, the secret to success starts with yourself as well. "If it's to be, it's up to me" is what a champion believes. This inward, internal practice & work one has to do within themselves on one's heart, mindset, attitudes, ideas, views, etc is just as important (if not more so) than developing one's physical body and skillset for the position they play. Attitude determines altitude. Belief bases behavior. Character creates championships. Determination decides destiny. My Mindset matters. Gigo.. garbage in, garbage out. Goof-off in, goof-off out. Good in, good out. Greatness in, Greatness out! A man reaps what they sow. Plant corn, get corn. Plant turnips, get turnips. It's an unbreakable eternal law of the universe. Champions learn all this and follow these truths and time-proven principles which winners throughout history have used. Losers however think they have a better plan based on their own brilliant ideas. That to me is the dangers of being the TopDog. So stay humble, practice & play 110%, stay positive & upbeat, always be a sportsman, never stop getting better, learn from all bumps in road & mistakes & move on, and pass it on to younger players coming up on your team. This is BEING DA MAN, that happens first & foremost in your heart & mind, and this attitude will produce championships on the field. Lots of them... Sermonette #1516 over. :D Go Lions

man i just felt like it was sunday in church ! i vote this the longest post of the year.

Dude come on over and enjoy the game. Unless you get there a couple of hours early (not kidding) you can forget about sitting anywhere. UC will bring a huge crowd and Dresden's faithful will be out in full force and then all of the good folks like you will show up so it's gonna be a capacity crowd. I suggest a good pair of walking shoes if you get there late because you will be going on a hike to get to the stadium. Not kidding again.