Sweetwater visits GCA

BarneySox2007

I hear all this stuff about getting screwed at Grace by the Zebra's but I have really only been to a hand full of games and it was mentioned Sweetwater would get shorthanded but I did notice GCA had 8 calls against them and SHS had 4. I also noticed the crew that called the game last night jumped GCA on the first play for the sideline to move back. I also saw one possible interference call that was questionable against GCA that wasn't even given a second thought but I blame that on just pure stupidity on the officials period. I wasn't impressed by the crew that called the game but I guess you get what you pay for now days.

I said the same thing Barn. I've watched a long time and just don't see it. But, those Greenback people keep bringing it up, haha! I will say this, in 2014 GCA was aided on the final drive by a Sideline Infraction (15 yds) when the line judge was chasing a play and ran into the big DC for GB. Well folks, that's a penalty in the NFHS rule book. And let's all say it together, "Without Rules, There's Anarchy!" It was a HUGE penalty, but it was justified and warranted. I think we get more games like Barn described above than the opposite. Good post Barn!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said the same thing Barn. I've watched a long time and just don't see it. But, those Greenback people keep bringing it up, haha! I will say this, in 2014 GCA was aided on the final drive by a Sideline Infraction (15 yds) when the line judge was chasing a play and ran into the big DC for GB. Well folks, that's a penalty in the NFHS rule book. And let's all say it together, "Without Rules, There's Anarchy!" It was a HUGE penalty, but it was justified and warranted. I think we get more games like Barn described above than the opposite. Good post Barn!

Yes that is a fact and that is why I walked right out of the stadium after that call.He had warned him twice and yesbhe was looking for the call all the way down the sideline BUT we deserved it!2012 was a whole different story and I know you joke about it and we have discussed it in person.That was a fumble and it was clear on film.No matter I'm done.Therapy has done me well and I'm over it......Why is my eye twitching???

Yes that is a fact and that is why I walked right out of the stadium after that call.He had warned him twice and yesbhe was looking for the call all the way down the sideline BUT we deserved it!2012 was a whole different story and I know you joke about it and we have discussed it in person.That was a fumble and it was clear on film.No matter I'm done.Therapy has done me well and I'm over it......Why is my eye twitching???

I have selective memory of conversations I've had that I admit anything against GCA. I'll pleas the fifth on that one! You're a good one, and 2012, regardless of the outcome, was a toe to toe HEAVYWEIGHT fight from the opening bell. I want to see another episode of that rivalry.

I have selective memory of conversations I've had that I admit anything against GCA. I'll pleas the fifth on that one! You're a good one, and 2012, regardless of the outcome, was a toe to toe HEAVYWEIGHT fight from the opening bell. I want to see another episode of that rivalry.

That is why I cannot EVER forgive that coaching staff and the way they prepared us for Coalfield,we had a team that should have been playing in the very last game of the year!

I knew grace would beat sweetwater bad. Sweetwater isn't good they just played a favorable schedule this year. It was sane result as last year. Grace came in 4-4 and beat them bad last year also. They took their heart last night just like they did last year. The rockwood grace game was more competitive than this game.

I knew grace would beat sweetwater bad. Sweetwater isn't good they just played a favorable schedule this year. It was sane result as last year. Grace came in 4-4 and beat them bad last year also. They took their heart last night just like they did last year. The rockwood grace game was more competitive than this game.

Both teams have played three common opponents and the scores were very similar. Nothing out of that would have lead me to believe GCA would win 55-0. This team is starting to peak and couldn't have happened at a better time. I have never seen them go out and just destroy a team with a 6-1 record like they weren't even there. Even poor ole Wartburg gasped for air before they went down but it was like 28-0 faster than you could blink.

Both teams have played three common opponents and the scores were very similar. Nothing out of that would have lead me to believe GCA would win 55-0. This team is starting to peak and couldn't have happened at a better time. I have never seen them go out and just destroy a team with a 6-1 record like they weren't even there. Even poor ole Wartburg gasped for air before they went down but it was like 28-0 faster than you could blink.

Well maybe you didn't but when I seen that Oliver springs scored 26 points and was actually winning the gAme against sweet water that was the tell all you needed to know.... now far as 55 -0 yea shocked some but when you fumble twice for scores then snap ball over punter head and throw a nit inside your own 20 then it's pretty easy to see how they got beat 55-0. To to mention sweet water just gave up.......

I very surprised at the amount of NO RESPECT some are giving GCA and have to play them at some point.There first half of the season schedule prepared them for a playoff run(until AE).I am not surprised at all,last year they lost a few to injury during that tough run.This year they have remained healthy and are improving,last year they did not improve thru the year.This is a very dangerous team.I have a feeling they give AE a heck of a fight!