TCA visits Gibson County

BigEdMo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCA did some very stupid things tonight.....late hits, etc and was rightfully flagged for them BUT that was the worst officiated athletic event I have ever witnessed. Horrible both ways. TCA was lucky to come out with the win. Did not play welll at all. Bye week really hurt them. Lots of rust. Hats off to Gibson County. Much improved over last year. They were very competitve tonight and played hard. They will be a handful next year. Good luck the rest of the season and hope you make The playoffs.

TCA did some very stupid things tonight.....late hits, etc and was rightfully flagged for them BUT that was the worst officiated athletic event I have ever witnessed. Horrible both ways. TCA was lucky to come out with the win. Did not play welll at all. Bye week really hurt them. Lots of rust. Hats off to Gibson County. Much improved over last year. They were very competitve tonight and played hard. They will be a handful next year. Good luck the rest of the season and hope you make The playoffs.

If I'm correct, everyone that touched the football for Gibson County tonight is an underclassmen. The QB is only a sophomore so the future is pretty bright for Gibson County... it has been awhile since I've seen a Gibson County team with this potential in the future.

Perhaps the ugliest high school football game I have ever witnessed in my 45+ years as either a fan, a player, or a broadcaster. The officials from the North West Association assigned to this game lost control early on in the game and they never recovered. Bad calls against both teams tonight.  There was at least one ejection in the game tonight as a GC player was tossed.

Even though it was an ugly game, there were some great plays by each team.  The defensive stand by TCA when GC had the ball with 4 cracks at a score inside the 5.  The 4th down play was inches from the goal line.  The outstanding scramble and td run by the GC quarterback of 55 yards was spectacular.  The 62 yard touchdown pass by Forsythe to Davis of TCA that was caught in stride without ever slowing down showed the future of TCA football.  Both teams came off a bye week and the result was something so ugly that a 5th of bourbon could not make it pretty.  But, an ugly win is much nicer than a pretty loss.