Trump vs Clinton

BoydBucFan

Wonder how the thief on the cross got saved. Don't think he had went by the law. I also wonder where the paradise was that he and Jesus went to.

Thief on the cross was before Jesus' death...And the scripture does not say he was 'saved' on the cross...Jesus told the thief he would be with him...1st Peter 3: 18-22

The New Law (NT) was not in force until after Jesus' death...Cant have a will or testament that's any good until the testator dies...So says the Hebrew writer also 

Thief on the cross was before Jesus' death...And the scripture does not say he was 'saved' on the cross...Jesus told the thief he would be with him...1st Peter 3: 18-22

The New Law (NT) was not in force until after Jesus' death...Cant have a will or testament that's any good until the testator dies...So says the Hebrew writer also 

The thief on the cross also recognized Him for who He was and I take it to mean he believed in Him at this point as well.  The other one though ... well, he's probably not going to enjoy the afterlife.

What was the Law for.Didn't think you could be forgiven under the Law. Wasn't that what Jesus died for.

Edited by pujo

The thief on the cross also recognized Him for who He was and I take it to mean he believed in Him at this point as well.  The other one though ... well, he's probably not going to enjoy the afterlife.

Evidently the other guy didn't or couldn't believe. I don't think he purposely died on the stake thinking he was going into eternal torment. Sounds as though he just didn't know.

What was the Law for.Didn't think you could be forgiven under the Law. Wasn't that what Jesus died for.

Exactly! There was no salvation under the Old Law. The thief died believing in Jesus but Jesus did not say, "You are saved"....read 1st Peter 3: 18-22 and see what Jesus was doing those 3 days his body was in the tomb...and the thief was with him.

And you are correct...the other thief mocked and refused to believe in Jesus

Slice.....Peter said people wrist the scripture to their own destruction...I don't recall where Peter said Paul's words were hard to understand tho....Please give info where this scripture is found.

2Pet 3:16 KJV

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

And the CJB

5 And think of our Lord’s patience as deliverance, just as our dear brother Sha’ul also wrote you, following the wisdom God gave him. 16 Indeed, he speaks about these things in all his letters. They contain some things that are hard to understand, things which the uninstructed and unstable distort, to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

2Pet 3:16 KJV

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

And the CJB

5 And think of our Lord’s patience as deliverance, just as our dear brother Sha’ul also wrote you, following the wisdom God gave him. 16 Indeed, he speaks about these things in all his letters. They contain some things that are hard to understand, things which the uninstructed and unstable distort, to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

Yes...like how the blood of Jesus could remove sins...Like how Jesus was of a virgin birth...the indewlling of the Holy Spirit..etc...those things that people claim to be hard to understand they wrest and destroy....Not saying Paul's words or instruction is harder to understand than the others

Just that the unlearned mess it all up

Yes...like how the blood of Jesus could remove sins...Like how Jesus was of a virgin birth...the indewlling of the Holy Spirit..etc...those things that people claim to be hard to understand they wrest and destroy....Not saying Paul's words or instruction is harder to understand than the others

Just that the unlearned mess it all up

Paul taught Torah.

Paul went to the synogue and took a vow as a demonstration that he was not teaching against Torah. Paul taught that we are not Jew or Greek, free or slave, but one people in union with Yeshua Mesiah.

Couple of questions.

1) can you build your faith on the words of Mesiah only? Can you do it without Paul? Can you do it with only the gospels and Torah? Can you do it with the law, prophets, Gospels, letters, and Writings?

If you can't say yes you may have a problem in front of a G-d who says he is the same Yesterday today and forever. He also says he's not a man that he should change or lie.

2) if you believe that the law is finished and therefore irrelevant, how do you define sin?

3) if you believe that Torah is finished and you don't need the feasts then where does that leave Daniels 70th week? Where does that leave Isaiah? And where does that leave the feasts that Mesiah has yet to fulfill? Are they now null and void?

4) if the feasts and sacrifices are done then why do they come back during the future reign of Messiah?

and finally.....if the law was put away by Messiah then why does He say he didn't.

Just food for thought.

I don't expect or want an answer.

Everyone will meet G-d one day and be judged for their life. They will be there without the help of a preacher so they better study and pray for themselves. Time is short and the existence of people like me (Believing Jews) means that the number is almost in.

Shalom y'all

Edited by orangeslice13

Paul taught Torah.

Paul went to the synogue and took a vow as a demonstration that he was not teaching against Torah. Paul taught that we are not Jew or Greek, free or slave, but one people in union with Yeshua Mesiah.

Couple of questions.

1) can you build your faith on the words of Mesiah only? Can you do it without Paul? Can you do it with only the gospels and Torah? Can you do it with the law, prophets, Gospels, letters, and Writings?

If you can't say yes you may have a problem in front of a G-d who says he is the same Yesterday today and forever. He also says he's not a man that he should change or lie.

2) if you believe that the law is finished and therefore irrelevant, how do you define sin?

3) if you believe that Torah is finished and you don't need the feasts then where does that leave Daniels 70th week? Where does that leave Isaiah? And where does that leave the feasts that Mesiah has yet to fulfill? Are they now null and void?

4) if the feasts and sacrifices are done then why do they come back during the future reign of Messiah?

and finally.....if the law was put away by Messiah then why does He say he didn't.

Just food for thought.

I don't expect or want an answer.

Everyone will meet G-d one day and be judged for their life. They will be there without the help of a preacher so they better study and pray for themselves. Time is short and the existence of people like me (Believing Jews) means that the number is almost in.

Shalom y'all

I can base my salvation on the New Testament that was delivered by the Holy Spirit to the Apostles...Stating in Acts chapter 2.

I do not need the old law to attain New Testament salvation