LazIndex 3A Rankings Week 9

LazIndexTN

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 percent of Alcoa is not from outside the district. There are many open zone counties across the state, people like to focus on Blount County because of the success. It isn't against the rules and many schools have open zones across the whole state.

20 not 40. That's from one of their administrators in the Maryville paper a few weeks back. It wasn't even about football in it they were reporting on the area enrollments.

Speaking of the west. It really is more of a "wild west" this year. We don't have a clear cut powerhouse over here comparable to the last several consecutive CPA teams in my opinion. I feel like Liberty is the favorite but a preconceived "lower tier" team could make it with a little luck. The East side isn't as wide open. (As usual)

40 percent of Alcoa is not from outside the district. There are many open zone counties across the state, people like to focus on Blount County because of the success. It isn't against the rules and many schools have open zones across the whole state.

sure wish williamson county had open zoning. Now that would be scary.

Just find it funny that people get offended by an obvious hypothetical situation and find the need to point out that fact. I would like to think that everyone is intelligent enough to realize that I (or any other statistician) understand that anything can happen on the field and knows that there is no way to predict outcomes with 100% accuracy. So, assuming that they know that I understand that, if somebody feels disrespected by their teams ranking enough to make comments about hypotheticals then it tells me that there must be some sort of accuracy to my rankings.

I believe it's nice to be able to compare teams across the state. If it's not your thing or don't understand then why even comment on it? I like the passion of the fan bases and if one honestly feels that their team can beat every other team in the state then that is great. It's not necessarily realistic, but it's great. This is a depiction of how every team has played through 7 or 8 games so far this year, nothing more.

I believe that Alcoa is the best 3A team again by a significant margin, I don't believe they are the best team in the entire state however. If you do then great. Looking at CPA's schedule Alcoa could play with or beat Ensworth and Pearl Cohn. Knox Catholic and Parkview (GA) are on a different level this season and per what they have shown would most likely beat Alcoa if they were to ever play this year. That is all that was stated, if you believe differently then explain why, other than the fact you are a great fan. Many people like being able to compare teams that don't play, if it's not your cup of tea then so be it, but just know that you are in the minority of sports fans.

PS - played college ball with assistant coach Kyle Harris. He is a great guy and the kids are very lucky to have him!

Buddy, you are bringing too much logic into this thread, you know those five dollar words confuse the natives.