All Declarations Have Been Made For D1 or D2

TheAmbassador

I still feel that there needs to be a flex line between divisions. This would allow for more compact regions and less drive time for regional games. I'll take a look at it this weekend and come up with an alignment strategy based on Ambassador's figures here. The top or bottom 10 to 12 schools should be able to move up or down to make the regions more manageable and cost effective. This will be fun, good work Bass!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lower classes will have the lowest numbers therefore Adamsville and Waverly will be in 2A.  Also the reason that cities like Memphis have schools that are showing lower numbers are due to fact that the schools have been split.  Many charter schools have been started due to the number of failing schools in these areas.  The charter schools still coop with the previous school that the students attended.  Pearl Cohn coops with MLK but only counts 643.  Mlk has 961 students that are not counted on Pearl Cohns enrollment.  Memphis East has 491 but coops with Soulsvlle Charter that has 335 students.  In most of these cases most schools would move up.  Go to http://portal.tssaa.org/common/directory/coop.cfm to see all approved coops and the schools involved and you will be shocked. 

You've got some good intel? Could they go 49 on the odd divisions and 50 on the even?

You're the one that said I was a genius. Remember? lol

It's just my take on the breakdown. In the past if they had uneven numbers the smaller class (1A) got the extra team so to speak over 2A.  

They could break them down 50,50,50,49,49,49.  Or 49,49,49,50,50,50.

In my scenario they can break the 6 classes down by 3 which is 99 teams per class (A,AA,AAA) Then divide those and give the extra team to the smaller class.