Next Head Coach at Trousdale County?

yjacket

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know Creasy tried to leave every time there were openings in 5 or 6A. No one would take a,chance on him until Oakland. There is little respect for 1 or 2 A coaches but fact is they work 10 times harder because of lack of assistants or players.

You are exactly right. He was turned down for several bigger jobs despite winning 3 gold balls.

And everyone wants to give Waggoner a bad rap for all the schools he has been at. But no one seems to remember Creasy was at several schools as an assistant before landing in Hartsville as well. But you know why no one remembers? Because he won gold balls. Winning cures all! Time will tell with Waggoner. He deserves a fair chance from the community.

I posted earlier that he has worked with the following

Assistant Coach at West Alabama

Assistant Coach at VMI

2004 Crescent City High School (FL)  4-6

2005-2007 Luverne High School (AL) 25-11

2008 Pike County High School (AL) 5-5

2009-2011 Chattooga High School (GA) 18-13

2012 Decatur High School (GA) 5-5

2013 Lumpkin County High School (GA) 2-8

2014-2016 Associate/Assistant Director of Player Personel at Georgia Tech

Done some more digging

Earlier this year he applied for a Head Coaching position in Arkansas

http://www.4029tv.com/article/some-of-arkansas-top-coaches-seeking-fayetteville-coaching-job/4959440

Another in Alabama

http://www.oanow.com/sports/high_school/_football/matt-johnson-to-take-over-as-reeltown-head-football-coach/article_00e04aaa-c537-11e5-92e2-27a882eb9376.html

Another in Texas

http://www.mysoutex.com/view/full_story_landing/27163519/article-Goliad-ISD-to-review-59-applicants-for-head-football-coach-AD-position?

He moved from Decatur to Lumpkin and said it was because he was having to drive so far every day. Yet that same year he interviewed for a Head coaching job in Florida.

http://www.tallasseetimes.com/opinion25.htm

He said that he was at Decatur because that was where he wanted to raise his kid in that community.

He says here when he took the job at Georgia Tech that his dream job was to get back into coaching college. That he took the position at GT hoping that it would lead to him getting back onto the sidelines down the road as maybe a positions coach. But then again he also said that Luverne and Chattooga were his dream job as well.

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/100234/

He said that when he got the job at Georgia Tech that he had been applying for a job with the program for the last 4 years until he got that spot. So while he was coaching at 3 other schools over that time he was looking to get on at GT.

I also found another high school where he was hired as the head coach (Douglas High) and never coached a game because he left and went to another high school before the season started.... It was a much better job but all the same with how often this guy has moved around

http://www.dothaneagle.com/sports/waggoner-tabbed-to-lead-pike-county-football-program/article_d1203a86-0e75-5dfa-92bb-7ea4c63d5b50.html

Supposedly there were some people that didn't like how he handled things during his head coaching stint in Georgia. Where he was living at the same place and driving up to 90 minutes between these jobs. Telling people at different locations that he was looking for a house and telling others that he wasn't looking to move. Which gave some the impression that he never had any intentions of sticking around.

The impression I get from all of this job hopping and the locations is that he is trying to build up a resume to get a better college job down the road. By having connections to all these different communities in multiple states it gives him something to sell in terms of recruiting. Having coached in Alabama, Georgia, Florida and now Tennessee and looking to get into a different part of Florida and also into Texas and Arkansas.

Also I seen from a lot of these articles where he coached D-1 prospects at many of these schools. Of which Trousdale County has a couple currently on the roster. Something else that he can put on a resume down the road for a college job.

Just my 2 cents.

You are exactly right. He was turned down for several bigger jobs despite winning 3 gold balls.

And everyone wants to give Waggoner a bad rap for all the schools he has been at. But no one seems to remember Creasy was at several schools as an assistant before landing in Hartsville as well. But you know why no one remembers? Because he won gold balls. Winning cures all! Time will tell with Waggoner. He deserves a fair chance from the community.

speaking the truth tonight wow right on the money

I posted earlier that he has worked with the following

Assistant Coach at West Alabama

Assistant Coach at VMI

2004 Crescent City High School (FL) 4-6

2005-2007 Luverne High School (AL) 25-11

2008 Pike County High School (AL) 5-5

2009-2011 Chattooga High School (GA) 18-13

2012 Decatur High School (GA) 5-5

2013 Lumpkin County High School (GA) 2-8

2014-2016 Associate/Assistant Director of Player Personel at Georgia Tech

Done some more digging

Earlier this year he applied for a Head Coaching position in Arkansas

http://www.4029tv.com/article/some-of-arkansas-top-coaches-seeking-fayetteville-coaching-job/4959440

Another in Alabama

http://www.oanow.com/sports/high_school/_football/matt-johnson-to-take-over-as-reeltown-head-football-coach/article_00e04aaa-c537-11e5-92e2-27a882eb9376.html

Another in Texas

http://www.mysoutex.com/view/full_story_landing/27163519/article-Goliad-ISD-to-review-59-applicants-for-head-football-coach-AD-position?

He moved from Decatur to Lumpkin and said it was because he was having to drive so far every day. Yet that same year he interviewed for a Head coaching job in Florida.

http://www.tallasseetimes.com/opinion25.htm

He said that he was at Decatur because that was where he wanted to raise his kid in that community.

He says here when he took the job at Georgia Tech that his dream job was to get back into coaching college. That he took the position at GT hoping that it would lead to him getting back onto the sidelines down the road as maybe a positions coach. But then again he also said that Luverne and Chattooga were his dream job as well.

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/100234/

He said that when he got the job at Georgia Tech that he had been applying for a job with the program for the last 4 years until he got that spot. So while he was coaching at 3 other schools over that time he was looking to get on at GT.

I also found another high school where he was hired as the head coach (Douglas High) and never coached a game because he left and went to another high school before the season started.... It was a much better job but all the same with how often this guy has moved around

http://www.dothaneagle.com/sports/waggoner-tabbed-to-lead-pike-county-football-program/article_d1203a86-0e75-5dfa-92bb-7ea4c63d5b50.html

Supposedly there were some people that didn't like how he handled things during his head coaching stint in Georgia. Where he was living at the same place and driving up to 90 minutes between these jobs. Telling people at different locations that he was looking for a house and telling others that he wasn't looking to move. Which gave some the impression that he never had any intentions of sticking around.

The impression I get from all of this job hopping and the locations is that he is trying to build up a resume to get a better college job down the road. By having connections to all these different communities in multiple states it gives him something to sell in terms of recruiting. Having coached in Alabama, Georgia, Florida and now Tennessee and looking to get into a different part of Florida and also into Texas and Arkansas.

Also I seen from a lot of these articles where he coached D-1 prospects at many of these schools. Of which Trousdale County has a couple currently on the roster. Something else that he can put on a resume down the road for a college job.

Just my 2 cents.

to me nothing wrong who doesn't want to be successful and be at the top of their profession or earn the most money as possible I see it as he needs the TC job to be a success to get where he wants to be in coaching so I know he will give his all to win inTC

Excellent research! Now I see things a little differently. Not saying you are wrong though. But I see a guy chasing a coach dream (GT). He was young and single and never thought twice about picking up and moving. Now was switching jobs all the time the right choice? Probably not. But maybe he thought taking the next job would help him get to GT. It also doesn't bother me that he also applied for several other jobs this past year while st GT. He has had a taste of the college game and maybe it isn't all he thought it would be. He's now married with a kid about to start school. I'm sure he doesn't want his kid switching schools every few years. Also, always taking a new job doesn't help your connections as far as getting a college job. And he currently does not have any D1 players at TC to help build his resume either. Now I'm not saying I'm right and your wrong. But like I said before, time will tell. He may win a gold ball in the first year or two and decide to stay forever. There aren't many football towns like TC. He will find that out very quick like. And that's good and bad lol.

I get all of that as well. I'm sure he will try to do as well as possible anybody would nobody wants to come in and not do well.

All I'm saying is that there is a decent probability that this might be a 2-3 year hire. Which seemingly makes it an odd hire in my opinion. Doesn't seem like a move a school with 9 gold balls would make but of course if he wins another one or two it will have worked out for everybody.

I get all of that as well. I'm sure he will try to do as well as possible anybody would nobody wants to come in and not do well.

All I'm saying is that there is a decent probability that this might be a 2-3 year hire. Which seemingly makes it an odd hire in my opinion. Doesn't seem like a move a school with 9 gold balls would make but of course if he wins another one or two it will have worked out for everybody.

the Dr wanted a certain style of football back in TC and it wasn't the spread he wanted power football like he ran in the late 90's and his experience is what got him the job the style of offense which seems like will be the wing T and I formation played a huge part in Waggoner being the head coach plus when you have a young child and family they will want stability it's not easy to just pick up and move every few years

Excellent research! Now I see things a little differently. Not saying you are wrong though. But I see a guy chasing a coach dream (GT). He was young and single and never thought twice about picking up and moving. Now was switching jobs all the time the right choice? Probably not. But maybe he thought taking the next job would help him get to GT. It also doesn't bother me that he also applied for several other jobs this past year while st GT. He has had a taste of the college game and maybe it isn't all he thought it would be. He's now married with a kid about to start school. I'm sure he doesn't want his kid switching schools every few years. Also, always taking a new job doesn't help your connections as far as getting a college job. And he currently does not have any D1 players at TC to help build his resume either. Now I'm not saying I'm right and your wrong. But like I said before, time will tell. He may win a gold ball in the first year or two and decide to stay forever. There aren't many football towns like TC. He will find that out very quick like. And that's good and bad lol.

What kind of mess is this? This is the biggest bunch of mess I have read. You don't quit this college boys to cine coach at a durn 2a school. Im not falling for this mess. You think im joking but im not.

Roy what kind mess is this? You know he can't win any gold balls at GT. He's even bringing some of them college yellow jacket players to TC so they can win a gold ball too. With them college boys I guarantee you TC will be real strong and real fast. You think I'm joking but I'm not. And don't you go telling that Childress man either. It's been way too long since TC has won one of those gold balls.