Gerry Bertier 4A Region Projections

Gerry Bertier

If that is the case it shows how much politics goes into play when deciding these regions. Makes zero sense to have that big of disparity in those two regions. Especially when Dyersburg and Obion would be traveling more in Region 7 than 8.

Made no sense this time not to put Ripley and haywood in region 8, but heaven forbid that memphis doesnt get as many years schools as possible in the playoffs even if it means a 3 hour one way trip between onion and Hardin Co.

Your division makes much more sense, but I'll believe it when I see it.

If that is the case it shows how much politics goes into play when deciding these regions. Makes zero sense to have that big of disparity in those two regions. Especially when Dyersburg and Obion would be traveling more in Region 7 than 8.

Dyersburg is closer to all region 7 teams you have listed than they are the Memphis teams with the exception of Hardin. 

Dyersburg is closer to all region 7 teams you have listed than they are the Memphis teams with the exception of Hardin.

Actually that is not true. Dyersburg's average travel with region 8 teams I listed is 53.32 miles. The region 7 average travel per trip would be 61.57 miles and even if you take out Hardin County the average would be 54 miles.

Actually that is not true. Dyersburg's average travel with region 8 teams I listed is 53.32 miles. The region 7 average travel per trip would be 61.57 miles and even if you take out Hardin County the average would be 54 miles.

I appreciate the work you have done here but I have lived here all life and it takes 1.5 hours to get to Memphis. We are with in 40 minutes of Liberty , NS , SS , Crockett , Ripley , Obion and  Haywood. We are within 20 minutes of three of these. Heck it only takes 1 hr and 15 min to get to Lexington. Like I said it is going to suck but we will not be in region 8.

Edited by Trojan

Macon County in region 4 would average 74.5 miles away, but if they were in region 5 they would average 61.8. Also if you take Montgomery Centeral out it would be 56 miles away. I may be wrong, but I think they fit more in region 5 than region 4.

Edited by MolandTigers

Once again it is gonna suck but here is my prediction. Maybe they put Ripley in 8.

Region 7

Lexington

Hardin Co.

Chester Co.

South Side

North Side

Liberty

Crockett Co.

Obion Co.

Dyersburg

Ripley

Region 8

Haywood

Fayette Ware

Millington

Craigmont

Kirby

I think they'll send Ripley to Memphis too in that scenario.

They *could* use 40 as a de facto boundary and do this.

North -

Obion

Dyersburg

Crockett

Ripley

Haywood

North side

Liberty

South -

Hardin

Lexington

Chester

SS

FW

Craigmont

Kirby

Millington

Macon County in region 4 would average 74.5 miles away, but if they were in region 5 they would average 61.8. Also if you take Montgomery Centeral out it would be 56 miles away. I may be wrong, but I think they fit more in region 5 than region 4.

I believe Macon County will be a victim of circumstance as they will not want a 4 team Region. There has to be at least five teams in a region I would think.