Dobyns Bennett at Science Hill

DBGRAD70

I did hear a past player coaching in GA that is winning , and had won state (don't know if true ) ...

I heard the same thing today, but heard the "replacement" they were talking about is a past player at DB with no head coaching experience. If true, talk about rolling the dice! But at this point I'd give Earnest T. Bass a shot at it. I still would be shocked if Clark doesn't announce his "retirement" before next season so they can honor him at all the home games.

I don't know who has the biggest dumpster fire.....DB or UT.

... Now any coach that came into area would clean house , "unless" it's a former player ,so since we are talking about DB and Graham it will probably be a DB graduate (go figure) ... Greenville coach would be the answer , unless they went down and got Rush Propst out of GA (dream)

It would be a hard move for coach B because his son is a 10th grader and they will be number 1 in the state to start 2017.If it was a money thing,Greeneville would find a little more I would hope.

Could it be possible that one reason GC has had several tough years is because he is now playing more schools near db enrollment size. No more Sullivan Central, Sullivan South, Volunteer, Daniel Boone or Crockett.  Not to mention some of those schools best players transfer to db.

Could it be possible that one reason GC has had several tough years is because he is now playing more schools near db enrollment size. No more Sullivan Central, Sullivan South, Volunteer, Daniel Boone or Crockett.  Not to mention some of those schools best players transfer to db.

Uh......NO !

I guess you missed at least 20 other post suggesting this over the past two years. It has been disproven at least 20 times. Please don't make me explain it again.

Could be a lot of things but DB dominated the old big East.Doesn't really matter what the reason is or who is to blame.The bottom line is for the future kids that haven't been scwed over yet to have a chance to be competitive and be proud to play for DB because they are a power house.I think it sucks when they play smaller schools and that might happen again with the changes

Yes. And it is the direct cause of the angst displayed here. Some posters, to push their narrative, will tell you of their success against the big schools in their previous conference. But, that conference didn't have the likes of Maryville, Bradley, Hardin Valley or a resurgent Science Hill. The "Big Schools" in the previous conference included South Doyle, Karns and Campbell County. During those years, they were something like 10-200 combined. The other big schools were Jefferson County, Sevier County and Bearden. Not exactly the powers they face today. Their out of conference slate was pretty consistent with Sull. North, Sull. South, OR and Elizabethton rotating in and out.

I think the real problem with schools like DB is the slow decline of the Football Culture. DB remains in contention in most other sports. Track, Soccer, Baseball, Golf and even Bowling are perennial contenders. If football drew the talent from the student body as they have in past years, they no doubt would field better teams. That is why, increasingly, you get pockets of football excellence across the state. The football culture is still there. Football just doesn't mean what it used to for young men and their parents at some schools and they don't any longer feel it is worth the time and trouble.

Yes. And it is the direct cause of the angst displayed here. Some posters, to push their narrative, will tell you of their success against the big schools in their previous conference. But, that conference didn't have the likes of Maryville, Bradley, Hardin Valley or a resurgent Science Hill. The "Big Schools" in the previous conference included South Doyle, Karns and Campbell County. During those years, they were something like 10-200 combined. The other big schools were Jefferson County, Sevier County and Bearden. Not exactly the powers they face today. Their out of conference slate was pretty consistent with Sull. North, Sull. South, OR and Elizabethton rotating in and out.

I think the real problem with schools like DB is the slow decline of the Football Culture. DB remains in contention in most other sports. Track, Soccer, Baseball, Golf and even Bowling are perennial contenders. If football drew the talent from the student body as they have in past years, they no doubt would field better teams. That is why, increasingly, you get pockets of football excellence across the state. The football culture is still there. Football just doesn't mean what it used to for young men and their parents at some schools and they don't any longer feel it is worth the time and trouble.

Dumb post of the year. I especially liked the part about a "resurgent Science Hill". Resurged from what?  I can't tell their any better than they have ever been. Go one or two games in the playoffs just like they always have. The only change is their beating DB now after losing 18 in a row. That's the DB that has now had two losing seasons in a row. I guess that could be the resurgence you're referring to.

Maryville really is the only difference in the conference strength now and what the Big East was. I actually think a point could be made that minus Maryville the Big East was a stronger conference than what we're in today. Sevier Co. and Jefferson Co were much stronger than they are today. I don't think the Bradley and HV of today could of beat the Sevier Co. and Jeff. Co. of yesterday. The 10-200 combined figure is something you pulled out of this air. And why your comparison with the bottom three? Why not the top three? Oh never mind....we all know why. You should stick to shinning Stacy's boots and stay off of CoachT. :rolleyes:

Dumb post of the year. I especially liked the part about a "resurgent Science Hill". Resurged from what?  I can't tell their any better than they have ever been. Go one or two games in the playoffs just like they always have. The only change is their beating DB now after losing 18 in a row. That's the DB that has now had two losing seasons in a row. I guess that could be the resurgence you're referring to.

Maryville really is the only difference in the conference strength now and what the Big East was. I actually think a point could be made that minus Maryville the Big East was a stronger conference than what we're in today. Sevier Co. and Jefferson Co were much stronger than they are today. I don't think the Bradley and HV of today could of beat the Sevier Co. and Jeff. Co. of yesterday. The 10-200 combined figure is something you pulled out of this air. And why your comparison with the bottom three? Why not the top three? Oh never mind....we all know why. You should stick to shinning Stacy's boots and stay off of CoachT. :rolleyes:

During the Big East years of 03 - 08 Sevier and Jefferson Counties records were 64-56 combined with a total of 3 playoff wins. I suggest you look up and compare the DB schedules for any year of the Big East and 2015 or 2016.

Science Hill 2012 - 2016 record - 45 - 13 with 4 playoff wins

Science Hill 2007 - 2011 record - 27 - 23 with 1 playoff win

= Resurgence

Dumb post of the year. I especially liked the part about a "resurgent Science Hill". Resurged from what? I can't tell their any better than they have ever been. Go one or two games in the playoffs just like they always have. The only change is their beating DB now after losing 18 in a row. That's the DB that has now had two losing seasons in a row. I guess that could be the resurgence you're referring to.

No, your post shows your lack of knowledge and that is the dumbest post of the year!

In this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes... and the insanity that ensues in every single DB thread. :popcorneater:

true that,I'm surprised we don't jump into political debates.Have to say that was the worst feeling after early voting yesterday.I can't stand Trump but I hate Hillary.Love to tell coworkers who like one or the other how I really feel.I voted for Trump so I could hear Vicente Fox talk about the wall some more.