Greatest Playoff Games Ever ???

Guest truth16

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBGirl... Online's post was from a year ago! :D So no fears Online... well no, you're still getting old and senile.

I would say I've seen several and it's hard to pick just one.

BA vs Clarksville NE in '95 quarters and BA vs MBA in '96 quarters.

Franklin vs Brentwood in '02 quarters and then Franklin vs Hunters Lane first round this year and Franklin vs Hendersonville in the quarters this year.

Maybe some new "greatests" will be added today! I'm off to the 'Boro once again. Have a good one y'all.

Maryville vs Central 2003 was a great one.

Maryville vs Elizabethon 1998 was the best playoff game I ever seen at Maryville High School. MHS won the state title that night. EHS was by far the best team MHS played that year. MHS killed Whites Creek the next week for the 4A title.

Maryville vs Cleveland 1999 was a great game also.

Maryville vs Elizabethton in 98 gets my vote. Elizabethton needed one more first down and did not get it and had to punt. After the punt Maryville threw an out and the receiver raced down the sidelines to win the game. A couple of Elizabethton's defenders could have tackled him or pushed him out of bounds but they quit because they thought he steped out of bounds but the whistle never blew. Elizabethton could have won the state because that was the two best teams in 4a that season. Instead they made up t-shirts with excuses printed on the back but what they should have done was play to the whistle blows.

This is regaurded as the greatest playoff game. There is no arguement. Most of the younger people might not remember this one but I'm sure a few of the older high school fans might recall this one. Both teams fought hard and at the end of regulation the score was tied at 28. Both teams score at the end of the first OT and its knoted at 35. Both teams once again score in the second with Bradley Central scoring on fouth and eight. In the THIRD OT Bradley Central scores and makes a 2 point conversion. JCM follows by scoring on a magical pass on fourth down to pull within 2. On the two point conversion JCM in stopped on about the half yard line and Bradley Central wins in the Greatest Playoff Game in TN high school history.

Yes this get`s my vote as well. The year was 1976. Final score was 50-48. This game was voted the national high school game of the year. I doubt that has happened since.