1 A Mr Football Nominee

ranger519

Rice passing 88 of 147 for 2,025 yards with 27 tds and 3 interceptions. He's rushed for 450 yards with 9 tds. Had one receiving td. That's through 9 games and has only played 3 complete games and has been out by halftime in the other six games.

Huntland's D.J Taylor has 2,047 yards rushing and 29 Td's through 9 games but should Be nominated on the defensive side.

Brandon Moore of Fayetteville should also be in the NOMINATION. Not saying he will win, but his stats speak for themselves. I would like to see DJ's average per rush compared to Brandon! Most electrifying player I've ever seen hands down

Offense
98 rushes for 1,245 yards (12.7 avg) with 20 TD's
15 receptions for 442 yards (49.1 avg) with 5 TD's
12 returns for 258 yards (25.8 avg) with 2 TD's
ALL PURPOSE 2,013 yards (15.97 AVG) for 28 total TD's (188 total points)
Defense 
72.5 tackles (7 for loss); 1 INT for TD; 2 F.F; 1 F.R.

Who is the nominees for this year's 1A class for backs? I don't see how anyone could be close to the Roberts kid from Greenback. This kid has 30 td's and over 1500 in only 8 games. I think he has had 3 games over 200 carrying the ball and a couple over 250. Someone from Greenback chime in on this if you could. If these numbers are correct he could break all time scoring record by the end of the playoffs.

Good player, but he won't beat out Dresser Winn or Preston Rice.

Brandon Moore of Fayetteville should also be in the NOMINATION. Not saying he will win, but his stats speak for themselves. I would like to see DJ's average per rush compared to Brandon! Most electrifying player I've ever seen hands down

Offense

Defense

You haven't been around very long then youngun. LMBO. Sounds like a good player though.

Offense

Defense 

Why does people feel the need to hate on another kid? Brandon is a Great football player and just as good of a student and kid. He often rode with me this summer to exposure camps and workouts. Watching him against some of the Top prospects in TN and KY he is one of the Top DB's period. BTW D.J Average s 8.8 a carry. DJ also is a great kid with great grades and ACT.

• Upvote 1

Why does people feel the need to hate on another kid? Brandon is a Great football player and just as good of a student and kid. He often rode with me this summer to exposure camps and workouts. Watching him against some of the Top prospects in TN and KY he is one of the Top DB's period. BTW D.J Average s 8.8 a carry. DJ also is a great kid with great grades and ACT.

That is awesome. Glad to see coaches taking kids to camps to send them to higher levels after high school. Both are amazing football players!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hevyrevy1611

Yes Dresden's QB compl avg in 80% range, with amazing personal run yards too. Don't know exact stats but they are up there, & mainly from 1st half. Our Yates running back, and several receivers putting up insane stats too. I don't keep track of all that. I just try to encourage (& also defend) them and cheer them on. Go Lions!

Roberts official stats from Greenback are as follows:

114 carries 1,554 rushing yards 13.6 yards per carry 28 rushing TD's.

10 catches 256 yards 25.6 yards per catch 4 receiving TD'S 

1,916 all purpose yards

Currently tied for state scoring leader with 32 touchdowns in all classes.  

Currently 7th All Time TN State History for most TD'S in a career with 88

Currently 10th All Time TN State History for most points scored in a career with 536