Hillcrest vs Trezevant at Crump - Week 11

kwc

Trez has my respect on the field , but off the field seems a little sketchy ? Are they gonna give an explanation to why he was out so long ? Or was it a self imposed 4/5 game suspension ? Either way good luck to da Bears !

Give an explanation to who? The only organization that an explanation needs to be given to is the TSSAA. They have already shown that they aren't interested. The governing board of education to which they are under jurisdiction, Shelby County Schools, hasn't uttered a word and, from the looks of it, they will continue to handle this situation internally.

So, again, to whom are they obligated to report anything to other then those two functioning bodies?

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Edited by kwc

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give an explanation to who? The only organization that an explanation needs to be given to is the TSSAA. They have already shown that they aren't interested. The governing board of education to which they are under jurisdiction, Shelby County Schools, hasn't uttered a word and, from the looks of it, they will continue to handle this situation internally.

So, again, to whom are they obligated to report anything to other then those two functioning bodies?

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

then why did Trezevant and the Shelby county school system go public in the first place? This is the kind of garbage that helps to give Memphis it's reputation for shady dealings

then why did Trezevant and the Shelby county school system go public in the first place? This is the kind of garbage that helps to give Memphis it's reputation for shady dealings

Remember ... this was all created by the NEW principal. HE went public. He involved SCS and the TSSAA. It was all SELF IMPOSED. LATER ... it was discovered that Teli, nor any of the coaching staff, nor any of the school teachers did anything wrong. 

Yeah ... there is something shady going on, I agree. But, it's not the coach and it's not any of the teachers, or somebody would be fired by now.

I've already drawn my own conclusions. Draw your own.

Edited by kwc

Remember ... this was all created by the NEW principal. HE went public. He involved SCS and the TSSAA. It was all SELF IMPOSED. LATER ... it was discovered that Teli, nor any of the coaching staff, nor any of the school teachers did anything wrong. 

Yeah ... there is something shady going on, I agree. But, it's not the coach and it's not any of the teachers, or somebody would be fired by now.

I've already drawn my own conclusions. Draw your own.

I tried to tell people weeks ago what the real problem was I just didn't have any proof. I know it looks funny but people should be questioning the administration not the coach.

I can understand if they don't like Teli. HE can come off harshly to some... as a man I wouldn't feel that way but some people out here are too sensitive

Really don't know the principal this is his first year there. I know Teli probably is not he best person to get along with especially if you want to micromanage. But it's not disputable what he means to them boys. 

Really don't know the principal this is his first year there. I know Teli probably is not he best person to get along with especially if you want to micromanage. But it's not disputable what he means to them boys. 

Or, what he means to that school and the community. All you have to do is watch the championship game from last year, and in particular, pay close attention to the interview he gave at half time. Why would a man who is lauding how the football team is leading the school academically be trying to play players who can't make grades, when he is the one who makes sure those boys get their school work so they can get in college? All of the allegations are all out of whack with his character. 

I understand how folks outside of Memphis think of him ... but those of us who actually pay attention to what the program is doing know better. Teli is about using football to get into college. He is all about furthering your education. Doesn't matter if you get a scholly to a big school or a small school. You can't get young men into college by grade altering. It will come back and bite you. College coaches WON'T recruit your players, they will stay away like your young men have the plague. You get into college by doing your school work and paying attention in class. He and coach Saulsberry are alike in that regard. Now, all of a sudden he's grade fixing to win games?

Yeah ... there is something shady going on for sure.

Edited by kwc