Whitehaven at Cordova - Week 11

kwc

And another thing the passing game does not have to be Warren Moon's run-and-shoot but darn it can we get some drags, slants, curls, quick outs, hooks, etc. In the red zone some criss-cross/rub routes would be so useful. Being One Dimensional is fine until it's not (see Smyrna L, Both Ravenwood Ls, Maryville L and the White Station L for prime examples). Less than 10 pass attempts is ideal with the defense and running back we have but them 3rd and longs need to be converted with some intermediate routes and not all them dang deep balls. Btw the fade-stop and "deep" comeback can only work so many times before folks start sitting on them routes (the most recent White Station game was a prime example ). A curl-flat or slant-flat combination would go a LONG way on some 3rd & 8s against a lesser athletic team that choose to blitz you. I mean you could easily run them deep routes and call a ghost/check down to Special K to convert in the passing game. It's not that difficult and I'm sure it's seen on film but all I know is 21 points is needed to beat any team from the quarterfinals forward. I hope we get it because the defense usually holds up their end of the bargain.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic