Whitehaven at Cordova - Week 11

kwc

Ive been sayin this all year....this defense is one of the best I've seen. They will not run all over us. I know they like to pass but again he won't have all nite. This game has the hype and cordova does look good...but they haven't seen a guy like Aubrey Miller on defense yet!!! Kylan wAtkins will shine as will all the special K signs will be held high. ..good team but I don't believe the hype...no I'm not from mizzou but I love six flags so the gotta " show me"....

I have to give credit where credit is due. Their Defense is up to par, and then some. This is going to be a knock-out, drag-out type of game. They have two defensive tackles that have already committed to play D-1 next year. One is going to the U of M and the other is going to the U of Kentucky to play in the SEC. Thev'e been tight all year, especially against the run. They have also worked their way up to be ranked #4 in the state in the 6A AP poll. That is consistency. 

Don't get me wrong ... i'm rollin' with the Haven ... but the hype is for real. That ain't the 'school of the blind' over there we are about to play. They remember last year like we do, and better believe the QB wants a better showing then he had last year.

This is for the No. 1 seed in the play-offs. This is HUGE!

Go Tigers!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Cordova901 and Poet21? Come on ya'll, let's chop it up and talk the game up. I know ya'll are out there reading this thread!

LOL ... lurkin' in the weeds!

Come on guys ... let's have some fun with this!

They Don't want to give us any "bulletin board material" lol.

Stop being superstitious and talk up your team because I certainly won't.

Where is Cordova901 and Poet21? Come on ya'll, let's chop it up and talk the game up. I know ya'll are out there reading this thread!

LOL ... lurkin' in the weeds!

Come on guys ... let's have some fun with this!

Oh I am here just reading every post....Trust me Cordova will be ready and make this a great game....David (Cordova) vs Goliath (Whitehaven)... Next time you hear about a David versus Goliath story, don't think of an underdog. Think of a confident competitor who is more than happy to be underestimated. God Bless each and everyone of you and see you on friday night....Go Wolves!!!!!!!

Oh I am here just reading every post....Trust me Cordova will be ready and make this a great game....David (Cordova) vsGoliath (Whitehaven)... Next time you hear about a David versus Goliath story, don't think of an underdog. Think of a confident competitor who is more than happy to be underestimated. God Bless each and everyone of you and see you on friday night....Go Wolves!!!!!!!

They it go!!! I was gonna hit you with a biblical story but I ain't got time for my humor to be seen as something else. Just know the Black and Gold coming for what's their's... That's a W

This is the biggest game of the week because both teams are great. They both have dominant defenses but I believe it's Cordovas year. I expect whitehaven to bring everything that have because that's what they do every game and like the saying goes to be the man you got to beat the man. No doubt whitehaven has been the standard for 6a football in memphis for awhile but Cordova is ready to win this dogfight. And no doubt it should be a dog fight. It will be the best atmosphere in the state that night and a night when the wolves come to hunt!! See you Friday

Oh I am here just reading every post....Trust me Cordova will be ready and make this a great game....David (Cordova) vs Goliath (Whitehaven)... Next time you hear about a David versus Goliath story, don't think of an underdog. Think of a confident competitor who is more than happy to be underestimated. God Bless each and everyone of you and see you on friday night....Go Wolves!!!!!!!

So, you are going to make this a David and Goliath situation. Cordova don't fit the profile of David ... LOL ... you my wanna think like that because David pulled what was to be considered an unlikely victory, when looking at the circumstances.

However, both of these teams are heavy weights! This Ali (Whitehaven) vs Norton (Cordova). This is Cassius Clay (Whitehaven) vs Sonny Liston (Cordova).  (See what I did there?)

Now ... if you think Whitehaven is underestimating Cordova ... then I got some beach front property in downtown Memphis to sell you. LOL.

Edited by kwc

This is the biggest game of the week because both teams are great. They both have dominant defenses but I believe it's Cordovas year. I expect whitehaven to bring everything that have because that's what they do every game and like the saying goes to be the man you got to beat the man. No doubt whitehaven has been the standard for 6a football in memphis for awhile but Cordova is ready to win this dogfight. And no doubt it should be a dog fight. It will be the best atmosphere in the state that night and a night when the wolves come to hunt!! See you Friday

There are some other games that are high profile as well. The Rideway vs East (Both are ranked in the TN AP poll in 4A) game and the MUS vs CBHS (Both are ranked in the TN AP poll in class D2-AA)  game, eventhough it was explained earlier that if MUS were to lose, they would still get the No. 1 seed. (Some type of tie-break thing vs head-to-head) The East vs Ridgeway game does having seeding implications. Like our game, the winner gets the 1 seed and the loser gets the 2 seed. However, I think it is a very BIG game, it just depends upon who you ask, 

It's not the biggest dog in the fight that always wins. It's the dog with the biggest fight in them who wins.

Both teams have stellar defenses, Yards are going to be tough to come by. Can Cordova's front 7 shut down the Whitehaven ground and pound. Can Whitehaven's front 7 slow down the Cordova read option & passing game. Can our DL make the Cordova QB uncomfortable in passing situations?

This game will be won in the trenches ... no doubt.

Edited by kwc