Region 6-5A Playoffs

VizualProphet

RavenNation turnovers are one thing but giving up 21 points in the first half to Summit's running game doesn't sound like great disciplined playoff defense to me. There's no doubt CR was the better team but like I said in an earlier post we'll see how you like being hunted instead of the one doing the hunting.... We get everybody's best shot every week and we respond. We both got hour hands full this week with Beech and Hillsboro so we can't overlook them at all. I hope we can both continue our winning ways this week so we can get the dream match up that everybody wants to see. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RavenNation turnovers are one thing but giving up 21 points in the first half to Summit's running game doesn't sound like great disciplined playoff defense to me. There's no doubt CR was the better team but like I said in an earlier post we'll see how you like being hunted instead of the one doing the hunting.... We get everybody's best shot every week and we respond. We both got hour hands full this week with Beech and Hillsboro so we can't overlook them at all. I hope we can both continue our winning ways this week so we can get the dream match up that everybody wants to see. 

The Road Comes thru Beech. Beech will knock off Cane Ridge. Indy/Hillsboro winner will come to Beech.

Edited by werazzlin

werazzlin Indy is still #1 until somebody knocks us off big boy. You do your part and we do ours and we'll happily travel to the bucs stadium but you won't hear the cannon going off much my friend that's a fact. Your offense may try to play keep away but your defense will get exposed very quickly. Probably wouldn't be much of a high scoring game like we are used to because you chew up clock but it would be a healthy win nonetheless.

anthony hughes. Has not been to any camps to get a ranking but is being highly recruited.

Brandon Dove has committed to Austin Peay and Daly Cull is getting a lot of interest as well.  Three Sophomores to watch that will have a chance to play at the next level.  OT Andrew Waters, TE/DE Austin Halas, RB/DB Derek Kincaid.  All three started this year and have bright futures.

What a difficult quad this is. All 4 teams remaining are ranked in the top 10. Will be shocked if the eventual champion doesn't come from this quad.

I agree 100%. What's even tougher is that none of the top 5 teams run the same offense. Everyone is different. Good luck to the 3 of you. We already know at least 1 will be in the quarterfinals. Hoping for 2 to guarantee a Semifinalist.

werazzlin Indy is still #1 until somebody knocks us off big boy. You do your part and we do ours and we'll happily travel to the bucs stadium but you won't hear the cannon going off much my friend that's a fact. Your offense may try to play keep away but your defense will get exposed very quickly. Probably wouldn't be much of a high scoring game like we are used to because you chew up clock but it would be a healthy win nonetheless.

Not sure where the cannon comes from??? Beech does not use a cannon... the horn will go off that is for sure.

Come on wave88 you know it will come down to one in Region 5 (Indy) and one in Region 6 (Cane Ridge).... I know you love your Region 6 but you gotta give Indy our due respect...

I absolutely respect the job of Coach Blade and the Eagles. It was quite impressive watching how precise you guys were. You were extremely prepared to stop Mason. So much so that the early success Gallatin had moving the ball was corrected after the time out in the 2nd quarter. I mean no (or as your announcer put it "zairo") disrespect to Indy. You guys have a 26 game win streak if you can't recognize and respect that you need to just give it up. That's why I said hoping. The game this week should be a classic.

Edited by wave88

GWAVE1 I wanted to give the Gallatin Green Wave a shout out for a good season! My assessment of the team is that they have some fine athletes and talent on both sides of the ball. The main difference between Gallatin and Indy was that the Gallatin players are still raw in their talent and the Indy players have a little more development. Injuries are part of the game and Indy has had plenty this year, so the development of not only the starters but the backup players is critical. If Gallatin is looking to take that next step then they need to have a strong offseason workout program that holds everybody accountable and total buy in with the players and coaches. There's too much talent there not to be successful!

Well the injury to Mason was 2 fold. Taking away Mason who was a 2000 yard rusher was a huge blow and disappointing to him. Would him playing made a difference, yeah it would have but to what extent is not known. See our backup Porter, who did a fine job in his own right, plays linebacker. He was Gallatin's top pass rusher and I would dare say leads the team in sacks and QB pressures. With him having to play runningback and it looked like he got dinged up early on you took 2 spots away with Mason's injury. Stewart stepped in and played great for a sophomore who saw limited action due to scores and lack of JV games this year. Key to the game was line. Gallatin could get very little pressure on the QB even though I thought they played the run very tough. Nobody this year got substantial yardage around the ends but at times you could get some up the middle. That may be scheme enhanced as well. Gallatin took a few licks like Chambers on the sideline but gave a few too. I doubt very many of your plethora of guys took hits like the only on the goal line or the speed sweep on our sideline. End of the day the game was lost at the line of scrimmage which Indy controlled in the red zone. My honest assessment is Indy is a good team but will have problems with the speed of a Hillsboro and their defense. Not saying they won't win but Hillsboro is the hot team and this time of year that is all it takes at times. I will say my visit this year was much better than in 2007 where I witnessed a lot of rude fans. Congrats on the win.