Catholic vs Union County

hsfootballfan777

What happened in the Catholic game vs Union County? I expected it to be worse than 34 to 0.Did Union County just run the ball in the 2nd half?

Catholic jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead and then with about 6 minutes in the first quarter, Catholic took out all their starters and played the third team. The jv team played the second quarter and the entire second half. The Irish starters played about 10 total snaps. Union only had around 25 or so players, they played hard. There was no need to try to embarrass or run up a score. Both teams just ran the ball and kept the clock moving. The game ended before 9:00 Edited by QSouth89
  • Upvote 1

Pathetic Catholic would even schedule them... Why don't you try and play a big school just to show how good they are.. It's easy to beat up on these little schools like cloudland and union county.. I would be ashamed of i was KC on doing this and then by trying to make it look good by pulling starters out.. What a croc Matthews

Pathetic Catholic would even schedule them... Why don't you try and play a big school just to show how good they are.. It's easy to beat up on these little schools like cloudland and union county.. I would be ashamed of i was KC on doing this and then by trying to make it look good by pulling starters out.. What a croc Matthews

You realized they had to play this game right? It was a Region game.

The schedule was made 2 years ago and they agreed to play in Nashville for 2 years against a team that just went undeated and had played in two consecutive state tournaments. They scheduled a good ND team in Chattanooga, beat a top 10 team in KY, and played their regional foes. Not sure what else you'd expect of them planning two years ago.

Funny how the TSSAA makes you play your regional opponents..... We picked up Cloudland to get a 4th home game since we had trouble getting games. Would love to play more competitive games to get ready for the playoffs.

How is a school like that in your region? Union county and Knox Catholic are 2 totally different situations school wise.. Union county should have just forfeited I feel bad for them

Call the TSSAA they make the regions. Catholic it seemed was fully aware of the disparity thus you notice the score and what the coach did. Unfortunate not all teams take this path as not to embarrass the other team or try to prove a point.

The schedule was made 2 years ago and they agreed to play in Nashville for 2 years against a team that just went undeated and had played in two consecutive state tournaments. They scheduled a good ND team in Chattanooga, beat a top 10 team in KY, and played their regional foes. Not sure what else you'd expect of them planning two years ago.

who have they played?? Belfry isn't that good but everyone thinks they are bc Kentucky football outside 2-3 teams isn't very good, Notre dame can't hold their jockstrap.. CPA was good last year but everyone saw the drop off coming this year as I'm sure Matthews did.. I'd expect them to man up and play one of the big boys in D2AA or a high level out of state power.. You wanna act the best in the state you need to prove it by who you play.. And beating terrible teams doesn't show it