Round 1 Scotts Hill visits Adamsville

cardfan

Trust me no one has to tell us what we are up against. But again we have nothing to lose! Just going to have lots of fun this week and be loose.These kids believe in each other and their coaches ! This is an exciting week!!! Good luck and hey if we lose we will have lost to an awesome program. We have all the respect in the world for adamsville . Top knotch program! We just feel like if we show up and play that we got a shot to shock the world. To be honest the polls work against teams at times and especially being undefeated. Makes it tougher at times. Who knows? Surely not me. Just hope we show up and have a chance in the 4th quarter. If not, we can get out the leather!!!!! I promise u no one from SH is predicting a win. Just hoping to compete!

A loss or two along the way ain't always a bad thing, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These boys have grown up a lot. I watched the same thing happen in baseball last spring. They didn't do well in hostile environments early last spring. Saw it happen this year when certain kids got pressured. I really believe they have grown up a lot in the last month . Enough to get this done , not sure. But at least they don't have any pressure. Everyone at the hill is loose as a goose and preparing for a battle . These boys learned a lot in 2015 when they where ranked #1 in baseball and got upset in the district tournament . By guess who? Lol. ....The biggest question coming into this game is protection. Our line started out very stout and lost its identity for few weeks . Seemed to have gotten back in sync some over the past few weeks. If we can hold our blocks and get the ball into our play makers hands and get out in space. We can compete if not it will be a long night and we will punt all night. Just hoping the line can get a push. Couple kids took off for a few weeks and not sure why. Hopefully they are back and can open some holes . We have been balanced this year which has made us more successful. Secondary has gotten better which was a huge hole in early season. We had a first year player at safety , he's made huge strides. Also have had a freshman come in in last month. He's made huge impact . Just hope it's enough !!! Come on Friday. Can't get here fast enough! U know what. The good part about this is...I want to win but really not even stressed at all...SH is under zero pressure!!! I can tell you , that may have a big impact in this game!!!!

Edited by shlionsbaseball5

. Tommy Browder has amazed me in last 2 years in his offensive schemes . When he's coaching any team I firmly feel like there's a chance that offense is going to put up some points ! JMO... I call him the Steve spurrier of high school football..ol ball coach!!!

The ol ball coach has been at it awhile ! Lot of Adamsville ties in this game , with Head coach and OC for the Hill ! I expect a great atmosphere Friday night ! Full house and cool weather !

I'm sure both will have a few wrinkles throwed in to keep everyone on there toes !

Answer this question , how did Waverly shut yall down ? Are they that good ?

Waverly is BEST team we have seen in 2 years..They are BIG and FAST. Their Backers will run from side line to side line and lay a LIcK when they get there.Anybody that plays them will have a chore..Grew up watching Lexington football and its been a long time since i have seen a more talented team. Especially on D. My son told me last night that He Felt like whomever comes out of our game will have to deal with Waverly ..I was really impressed..Especially in second half...We simply aren't BIG enough against them. Run out of juice. I expect ya'll to win in our game , but i really feel like Waverly is a force to reckon with. They are DEEP on D. I did hear that They played their BEST GAME of the YEAR against us. So I am basing this on what i saw that Game..Good luck to you guys, if ya'll beat us We will be rooting for you guys the rest of the year. I know that everyone is shouting about Tresvant but i would not bet against  Waverlys Defensive unit..JMO...I ain't a football Genius..But i can tell you the ones that can and can't play..They can play...Not to hard to see that...lol...

Edited by shlionsbaseball5

This game has all the makings to be a classic football matchup. Both teams play hard and fast and do what they do well. If there is an edge i would have to give it to Adamsville on the defensive side of the ball. Only one team scored more than 7 points on them all year and that qas against some very stiff competition as well. Scotts Hill is very good and runs their offense well. It will take a great performance from us to win. This is the playoffs and Adamsville has been in these big games before Scotts Hill is getting better every year. Defense will be the difference here in this one.

The ol ball coach has been at it awhile ! Lot of Adamsville ties in this game , with Head coach and OC for the Hill ! I expect a great atmosphere Friday night ! Full house and cool weather !

I'm sure both will have a few wrinkles throwed in to keep everyone on there toes !

Answer this question , how did Waverly shut yall down ? Are they that good ?

The answer is twofold...yes, they are good and SH played an awful game. We kicked them the ball to start the game, shut them down for four or five yards the first series, then took the punt and drove the field running and passing to the 15...that's where the wheels came off with a pick in the end zone. If we finish that drive and score I think that it's a much different game, but with the same winner. Waverly is big and athletic...they pursue to the ball without overrunning plays, and most tackles are made by three or more Tigers, and they'll be flying in full tilt. On offense they have good balance...solid line,big fast backs and receivers, and the QB is a very good one. Waverly will not be a pushover for anyone...there's no team that can't be beat, but as sound, balanced, athletic, well coached and disciplined as they are they won't go easy.

The answer is twofold...yes, they are good and SH played an awful game. We kicked them the ball to start the game, shut them down for four or five yards the first series, then took the punt and drove the field running and passing to the 15...that's where the wheels came off with a pick in the end zone. If we finish that drive and score I think that it's a much different game, but with the same winner. Waverly is big and athletic...they pursue to the ball without overrunning plays, and most tackles are made by three or more Tigers, and they'll be flying in full tilt. On offense they have good balance...solid line,big fast backs and receivers, and the QB is a very good one. Waverly will not be a pushover for anyone...there's no team that can't be beat, but as sound, balanced, athletic, well coached and disciplined as they are they won't go easy.

+1..& GO LIONS!!!

Ok...got a question for Adamsville fans...I read the Local papers , keep up with all the  Social Media...I hear alot about the Adamsville Defense , But I have watched some film on You guys..I see how good the D is...but there is ONE thing I haven't read Anything about this year and thats YOUR QB....HE's a PLAYMAKER and A GAMER....HE has made some really nice plays this year..Very IMPRESSIVE...I know his family moved back into the area a few years ago , but really surprised the Media hasn't talked more about him...I don't wish him any ill will but I hope he doesn't make those plays tomorrow night...Maybe just be off a little...IF NOT it will be a long , long night...PLAYMAKER...UNDER RATED.....SUPER GOOD KID TOO...BUT 10-0....hard to stay perfect....HOPEFUL....BIG TASK at hand for the HILL..........................Come on FRIDAY NIGHT...HUGE OPPORTUNITY for SH...

Our qb is a great gamer. Not really sure why more people dont talk about him but he can hurt you with his arm and his leg. He sees stuff on the field a lot of high school qbs would never pick up on. Grwat kid too. Last 3 weeks will be an issue for us early. We have to come out and set the tone early and often and never let up. SH will fight to the end and we better be ready to play or we can turn on the a/c in the gym and get an early start.

He reads the field very well. A gamer for sure. JUST a REALLY REALLY GOOD high School QB...REALLY IMPRESSIVE... A Leader too. SH will have to have its BEST EFFORT. OL will have to get our QB time..ONE great thing about this game , WE are due some breaks and haven't played above our heads any this year.. SO WE JUST MIGHT BE DUE...Fingers CROSSED and HOPEFUL these GUYS put 4 Quarters together...