Dresden V BTW Round 1

ysoangry

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

BTW has deep city guys, probably not been out into hillbillie redneck Green Acres country too much, so they probably stopped for sightseeing, oohing and ahhing at the cows, sheep, goats, horses, chickens, barns, crops, tractors, etc... taking selfies and stuff. Lost track of time.

Booker T. Washington might have trouble making it down here. I know that was a concern a few weeks ago.

When I played in high school which was late 90's we played 2 Memphis teams during the regular season and we had to send them money so they could make it to Trenton. We sent them money so they could make it and not forfeit. We put 50 plus points on the board and sent them back to Memphis Edited by Tide21

When I played in high school which was late 90's we played 2 Memphis teams during the regular season and we had to send them money so they could make it to Trenton. We sent them money so they could make it and not forfeit. We put 50 plus points on the board and sent them back to Memphis

Yeah, you hear stuff like that all the time with these Memphis teams. I'd never send money. Why risk injuries or potentially even losing when you can take the forfeit and advance to the next round? Sure, you might not be as sharp after a bye week, but you'll be rested and healthy and don't have to worry about injuries or your season ending. This is just how I see it. I'm not sure about this team, but Memphis teams have a reputation for being undisciplined and playing dirty. Let's hope this is a clean game Friday.

Yeah, you hear stuff like that all the time with these Memphis teams. I'd never send money. Why risk injuries or potentially even losing when you can take the forfeit and advance to the next round? Sure, you might not be as sharp after a bye week, but you'll be rested and healthy and don't have to worry about injuries or your season ending. This is just how I see it. I'm not sure about this team, but Memphis teams have a reputation for being undisciplined and playing dirty. Let's hope this is a clean game Friday.

It was a regular season game and it was the coaches decision to send them money so they could come Trenton to play. They came out on the field during warmup chanting a chorus from a rap song lol we played oakhaven manasas and treadwell and I think maybe Mitchell while I was in high school. Most were playoff games but there was a year or 2 we played a few during regular season Edited by Tide21

Haven't heard but I would be surprised if he plays Friday night. I'd take a rusty Dresser over the chance of getting him hurt against a team we can beat without him.

Exactly, he'll find his rythm and groove after a two week layoff quicker than your average player anyway. Dresser is not most players. He hurt his ankle in the last play of the UC game his freshman year, and he came back after two weeks and did great. You never would've known he had been out. We really need to be healthy after this week.

Edited by Envoy