Crockett at Gibbs

Coach423T

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibbs is really hard to handle.  The hard thing is getting a good look in practice at what you will see on Friday night.  The offense and defense they run are both really hard to replicate with the scout team.  Gibbs is on a roll right now.  Huge home field advantage too.  This is the first time ever that Gibbs is a 5-0 region champ and that community is going bonkers for this football team.  Kenny Chesney will be there too, just kidding, but he might, that's his alma tomater.  ha ha

Edited by oridgecat

Because of Gibbs' offensive system, they will be a challenge. They are also fundamentally sound, on offense and defense. That said, Gibbs is very beatable. Their three losses were all against solid teams (Farragut, Fulton, Campbell County), but they don't really have a signature win, IMHO; they beat Halls, who was playing without their starting QB. Aside from that, they don't have any wins against opponents with a winning record.

Edited by osunut2

I was badly mistaken at the first of the year when I thought that the amount of athletes that Crockett had would lead them to a strong season.  Not sure what has been the reason behind a non successful season.  On the other hand, Brad Conley always does a great job with the talent level he has, and that is usually not a very fast team either.  

Crocket should throw way more passes to #11, he was open all night against Boone. Sounds like Gibbs will be tough but I think Crockett is up to the challenge

yea he made alot of big plays great hands not the best speed but will catch almost anything you throw his way that was our starting QB before the Freshman transfered in. I think Boone will knock Halls off.

yea he made alot of big plays great hands not the best speed but will catch almost anything you throw his way that was our starting QB before the Freshman transfered in. I think Boone will knock Halls off.

Boone is beyond jacked for this game, but man you know there is just something that happens when you cross that Knox County line......

BTW Crockett had a great counter play against Boone but they only ran it a couple of times.   I thought the execution was brilliant, maybe go back to that a few times against Gibbs

Yea something about the Knox Co line just does something to these NET teams.O you know they are I'm telling you Oline up front os no joke they manhandle uo front if Charlie keeps running like he's been and yall keep eating clock and shorten the game and make a couple plays in the passing game I think yall win.Jenkins always gets the most out of his kids . Yea that counter play is a good one we have scored on it quite a few times this year but idk why we Went away from TK he was carrying us down field.

Edited by Coach423T

Gibbs is really hard to handle. The hard thing is getting a good look in practice at what you will see on Friday night. The offense and defense they run are both really hard to replicate with the scout team. Gibbs is on a roll right now. Huge home field advantage too. This is the first time ever that Gibbs is a 5-0 region champ and that community is going bonkers for this football team. Kenny Chesney will be there too, just kidding, but he might, that's his alma tomater. ha ha

Yea I live to see the non traditional powers win a region I know Gibbs had been down for awhile kinda remind me of Crockett a little. I bet the whole town will be shut down for this game hey never know Kenny might really pop up. So they got a nice staduim and what do they run on D? I think Crockett has a shot in this one.

I think Crockett is looking for a little redemption from the Musket Bowl loss. If the right kids show up, they very well could give Gibbs a game. Boone and Crockett have some very physical players. Turner and Presnall for Boone have impressed me all season and Barnett, Lewis and Collie for Crockett are a handful for any offense. I know it's a slim chance but wouldn't it be cool to see the Musket Bowl all over again in round 3? 

Thinker I hope the are very hungry and taking the prep for this game serious wanting to get a W. Yea that would be great if we ever got to witness a Musket Bowl 2.0 just think about that atmosphere. Yea I like Presnall Turner Cole and Shelton alot. Yea Barnett is probably the best 150 pound MLB I've ever saw it's his 1st year playing hs football. Kollie is having a heck of a year for a Sophomore kids gonna just keep getting better. Lewis is a baller I'd like to see him get to the qb more coached all 3 in Jr Pioneers. Love Delapp and Eib at safety. Crockett offense has to show up and need TK to have a huge game