Mr Football Semifinalists

BoardHater71

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure should be Rice and Winn.  No offense to the other finalist but Dresser Winn is the best 1A player in the state of Tennessee

Congratulations to all young men selected as finalists.

However, it is almost laughable that Winn was not selected today. I never thought this award held entirely too much merit because of the obivious bias, but come on lol

Its actually a farce.

Where is Dresser Winn's name??????

Guess where he missed a couple of games hurt him. I thought for sure that he would be in top 2. That is surprising

For sure should be Rice and Winn.  No offense to the other finalist but Dresser Winn is the best 1A player in the state of Tennessee

He was the winner last year and a semifinalist this year.  Outstanding young man and player.

Its actually a farce.

Congratulations to all young men selected as finalists.

However, it is almost laughable that Winn was not selected today. I never thought this award held entirely too much merit because of the obivious bias, but come on lol

Appreciate all the kind words regarding Winn. Had a feeling the Gleason game that was called only minutes into the game would come back to hurt our players stats along with Dresser being out for a game & not playing in many games in the 2nd half. Dresser is a humble kid & much more concerned about team awards than individual awards. He was fortunate enough to win last year & I think he'll be playing more focused than ever (if that's possible). If anything this is just another distraction that he & his teammates don't have the deal with. His main goal is to bring a gold ball back to Dresden with his teammates. Congrats to the other deserving finalists.

Wow, I honestly thought he wouldn't win after missing a few games, but I'll admit I never even considered this. I even considered Kanye Roberts sneaking in due to the fact he's had a great year, and East and Middle TN players (especially East TN) have more area sports writers on the selection committee. That said, this is such a head scratcher. Only one kid from West TN has won it twice, but then again, you don't see many Juniors winning the award. My thought was after missing a few games and playing just around 20 quarters of football, they had a reason to give someone else the spotlight. Having said that, how do you not nominate a kid who had the highest completion percentage in the state by a country mile, has the highest passer rating by an enormous amount in the state, threw only 27 incompletions, had the highest amount of passing production per attempt in the state, had the most rushing yards per carry in the state (the kid had over 500 rushing yards on less than 35 stinking carries), is on the number one team in the state, on an offense that hasn't been held to under 40 points all year, has a running back with 1,300 rushing yards (regular season) and splits the amount of touches with him and even has the highest punt average in the state? I'm just talking about 1A. I'm not saying the two kids who got nominated shouldn't have been. I don't want to take this moment away from them. Congratulations to all nominees! I'm just confused why they didn't go with a player simply because he had very few attempts, right? That seems to be the only thing that could've hurt him here. He won last year and is still the most efficient and productive passer and rusher per attempt in the state. What in the world else could the kid have done? Everyone predicted their finalists, and everyone had Dresser as a finalist at the very least. To much surprise, the selection committee went the other way. This makes me wonder if they discuss things before voting. I know everyone keeps bringing up multiple pre-season interviews where he said he could care less about the award and wanted a teammate to win it this year and was only focused on a state title. That's great and really impressive for a high school kid to think that way, but I like players to get their fair shake after all the hard work pays off. This could be a positive for the team, though. Any distraction can hurt you at this point in the year.

Don't talk about me or 55 cause he don't play for you.. and I don't care who you call I'll slap you until he gets there

What kind of mess is this? I said on this website before that Daniels boy could nock a good hole for our runners to run through. I garuntee you getting on this website posting mess about how that Butner boy didnt deserve it is a bunch of mess. They took him off the durn ballot now. They are both good hole nocker and should be concerned about winning a durn championship. You think im joking but im not.

Wow, I honestly thought he wouldn't win after missing a few games, but I'll admit I never even considered this. I even considered Kanye Roberts sneaking in due to the fact he's had a great year, and East and Middle TN players (especially East TN) have more area sports writers on the selection committee. That said, this is such a head scratcher. Only one kid from West TN has won it twice, but then again, you don't see many Juniors winning the award. My thought was after missing a few games and playing just around 20 quarters of football, they had a reason to give someone else the spotlight. Having said that, how do you not nominate a kid who had the highest completion percentage in the state by a country mile, has the highest passer rating by an enormous amount in the state, threw only 27 incompletions, had the highest amount of passing production per attempt in the state, had the most rushing yards per carry in the state (the kid had over 500 rushing yards on less than 35 stinking carries), is on the number one team in the state, on an offense that hasn't been held to under 40 points all year, has a running back with 1,300 rushing yards (regular season) and splits the amount of touches with him and even has the highest punt average in the state? I'm just talking about 1A. I'm not saying the two kids who got nominated shouldn't have been. I don't want to take this moment away from them. Congratulations to all nominees! I'm just confused why they didn't go with a player simply because he had very few attempts, right? That seems to be the only thing that could've hurt him here. He won last year and is still the most efficient and productive passer and rusher per attempt in the state. What in the world else could the kid have done? Everyone predicted their finalists, and everyone had Dresser as a finalist at the very least. To much surprise, the selection committee went the other way. This makes me wonder if they discuss things before voting. I know everyone keeps bringing up multiple pre-season interviews where he said he could care less about the award and wanted a teammate to win it this year and was only focused on a state title. That's great and really impressive for a high school kid to think that way, but I like players to get their fair shake after all the hard work pays off. This could be a positive for the team, though. Any distraction can hurt you at this point in the year.

Congrats to Preston Rice on becoming a finalist.