Mr Football Semifinalists

BoardHater71

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the winners. I do have a question though, How do Linebackers qualify for the Lineman award kinda figured they would be in with the backs?

Back when they first started picking mr footballs it was unclear where the line (lineman) backers(backs) should fall so they flipped a coin and they went with the line

I just don't understand their inconsistency. Warbritton went off that year, and the only argument they could've had is that he didn't have as many yards per attempt as the other kid (that's just my guess). He did have gigantic holes every play, but surely that wasn't a part of the voting. I personally think Diebold and the Pruett kid were overlooked, just from what I saw that year. Now this Dresden kid who won it last year has more passing TDs than incompletions, like what? I understand he had limited playing time, but c'mon. He had a lot fewer attempts than everyone last year, but surpassed the next closest guy by 700 yards, at least that's what the papers said. This year (according to the stat charts), pretty much everyone touched the ball twice as much as he did with rushing and passing, so they knew the circumstances and what they were doing. It's a shame.

Come to think of it, did Terrence Bell or Boo Weathers from Huntingdon ever win the award? I can't remember. I remember watching them during the 2001-2003 run. They were impressive.

Lets dont go there.Stephonski Wilkes averaged about 210 yards a game and didn't win.And teams knew he was going to get the ball.