Knox Central @ GreenEville Round 2

DevilMan03

IMO.. Greeneville should have moved up to 5A to get some competition in regular season .. playing 4A up there does not prepare them at all .. they get to playoffs with all this hype and stuff .. they play a bad game or meet somebody with same size and speed that they haven't seen in regular season .. then they are toast ..

I would agree with you but region 1 5a is about as competitive at region 1 4a will be next year when you look at the teams. I wouldn't say we were toast losing on a hail mary pass with 6.5 sec left to a good Football team Tadvols. You know how good central is when they won 2 weeks ago 20 to 19 against a healthier Falcon team than the one that beat Catholic last night. Quad 1 is brutal. We heard the same thing in 10 and 11 about the scheduling and that didn't top us. East tn 4a football is just that good. Hopefully getting elizabethton in our conference and out of conference games against Morristown West, and Alcoa will get us ready next year

I would agree with you but region 1 5a is about as competitive at region 1 4a will be next year when you look at the teams. I wouldn't say we were toast losing on a hail mary pass with 6.5 sec left to a good Football team Tadvols. You know how good central is when they won 2 weeks ago 20 to 19 against a healthier Falcon team than the one that beat Catholic last night. Quad 1 is brutal. We heard the same thing in 10 and 11 about the scheduling and that didn't top us. East tn 4a football is just that good. Hopefully getting elizabethton in our conference and out of conference games against Morristown West, and Alcoa will get us ready next year

That will help playing MW and Betsy and Alcoa .. but the later in schedule the better .. but you guys won't be tested till possible semi's since your competition Central , Fulton and KC .. the teams that have put you guys out the last few years have moved up .. so you guys should have free rein until at least semis ..

That will help playing MW and Betsy and Alcoa .. but the later in schedule the better .. but you guys won't be tested till possible semi's since your competition Central , Fulton and KC .. the teams that have put you guys out the last few years have moved up .. so you guys should have free rein until at least semis ..

Totally agree with you Tadvols. Elizabethton is in our conference and hopefully the last game of the regular season. I liked when we had played up in the Imac because of the better competition. The conference schedule since 2010 has been cupcakes and everyone knows it

I bet they don't win a single one...but enjoy your extended offseason

2 weeks ago = beforehand

Says the one who has probably never seen Greeneville play or knows how young this team is. I hope your not thinking liberty has a better chance in 4a than they did in 3a. PC showed you the difference this year

Your retort

I never once said or claimed that. Your a troll just own up to it. You would say something before a game to have a conversation like these board are about and would have the respect to comment fter the game. I never have and never will respect someone who tries to chirp in when you haven't added anything to the conversation before hand. That's the definition of a troll : One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a new thread or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument. Troll on!!!!

Added enough to light your fire...how bout that extended offseason comment, earlier than we both expected huh

yes they played a very good game well coached and some really good players they deserved to win ----my beef you use the passing game to get there all year - ok where was it at?

before getting the very fortunate gig i have following this program and these kids, i knew very little about the x's and o's of football. As i have gotten closer and closer to the coaches and kids over the last 7 seasons, i have learned TONS about the x's and o's and as a fan i use to sit in the stands and ask the same questions that all other fans ask. It's easy to sit in the stands and ask " why arent they doing this, or why arent they doing that ", but it's a totally different ball game when you're on the field actually making those decisions. To your question of "where was it at?" to me i had ZERO beef with the play calling. I kept hearing fans up in the stands yelling " why are we running it up the middle all the time" and yelling at the coaches " throw the dang ball ". The reason ( in my very humble opinion ) we didnt throw as much is simply because of speed and talent. Keep in mind that although it may appear like greeneville was a "passing" team this year, thats not really the facts and we did actually throw the ball close to our seasons average attempts....ballard was 7 of 10 for 70 yards last night. most of those passes were short quick balls to the boundry in hopes of our great WR's making a play. if memory serves me, only 2 deep balls were thrown, one of which was almost a pick six, the other simply broken up. Turnovers were huge in this game for both. I havent asked coach so i dont know but i think last night he knew going in that centrals D and thier D backs were much better than what we have been use to playing all season and although it might have appeared to you guys in the stands that we didnt pass as much, in reality, we actually were right along with our seasons averages on attempts. Also, Centrals defense was so much better than what weve been use to....they kept us from having all those 1 and 2 play drives that we were having all year, so when you have a 10 or 12 play drive instead of a one or two play, you're gona have way more running plays than fans are use to seeing....I hope that answered your question and im sorry about the long answer. Last nights game is EXACTLY the reason why coach Ballard trys his rear end of every year to try to find some good non conference games but unfortunately alot of those teams either dont want to play us or they cant work it into their schedule...I dont personally have the answer to why our league is so weak every year, but all we can do as Devil fans is just keep enjoying these boys as long as this ride lasts becuase i for one remember the days when just making the playoffs was considered a great year.

• Upvote 1

2 weeks ago = beforehand

Your retort

Added enough to light your fire...how bout that extended offseason comment, earlier than we both expected huh

So your the troll that tries to combine 2 threads. Please show me were I said that we would win 4 in a row? Your trying to use another Greeneville posters words against me? Is 4a easier with Fulton, Catholic, and Central in 5a next year? If you don't see that you don't know football. There are more than just Greeneville fans on here that have made the comment that 4a will be a cakewalk till the semis under the new 4a classifications. Just because some fans are Cocky you and turn into a Richard about things. Good lucky to your Liberty in their last year in 3a it just got tougher moving to 4a

Karma.... I guess scoring 70 and 80 points on bad teams caught up to Greeneville.

you people are acting like greeneville just got hammered and deserved it last night....dont forget it took a hail mary to get it done for central. this was actually a pretty dang good game from start to finish with momentum swings all throughout the night...a game where you really hate to see either team lose.

you people are acting like greeneville just got hammered and deserved it last night....dont forget it took a hail mary to get it done for central. this was actually a pretty dang good game from start to finish with momentum swings all throughout the night...a game where you really hate to see either team lose.

Well BV .. one thing you guys won't have to worry bout anymore is Fulton ,Central or Knox Catholic.. the teams that have knocked yall out the past 4 years .. the path has been cleared .. take care