Jackson Christian fires head coach

GCPioneer

So you think they fired him for no reason like the paper says?

He has not told me this so I don't know it to be anything other than wild speculation. CTR is a high character guy who will Always do what he thinks is right. It's possible that he won't take any crap from people who enjoy having their backside kissed.

Just my opinion

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has not told me this so I don't know it to be anything other than wild speculation. CTR is a high character guy who will Always do what he thinks is right. It's possible that he won't take any crap from people who enjoy having their backside kissed.

Just my opinion

Bingo!! He said he felt like they were going to do this!! Great guy!! They are idiots!! 

At least they fired him before they announced his replacement...any takers that this wasn't a done deal a month ago? The new guy is set up to succeed with the move to DII...some tough teams there, but some marshmallows too...the record will look better, but will the team be better? Time will tell.

Edited by tradertwo

At least they fired him before they announced his replacement...any takers that this wasn't a done deal a month ago? The new guy is set up to succeed with the move to DII...some tough teams there, but some marshmallows too...the record will look better, but will the team be better? Time will tell.

you are right Trader. They are slipping him in to succeed because of the cupcake region they will be in. I have no respect for JC after this and the way they did the basketball coach.

I can tell you firsthand that Coach Palmer, who was promoted at JC is a great guy that in no way was looking to replace Coach Roland as coach.  I have coached with him in Alabama and my son played for him in both basketball and football in Alabama. He is as good as they come, and an overall great guy.  He knows football and will be successful, regardless of the move to DII, although that will definitely help.  He gets the most from his players, too, so I think the move was a good one.  

Coach Roland is a class act coach and his reputation definitely precedes him; however, for anyone to think Coach Palmer was purposefully seeking to replace Roland as HC is ridiculous. 

I can tell you firsthand that Coach Palmer, who was promoted at JC is a great guy that in no way was looking to replace Coach Roland as coach.  I have coached with him in Alabama and my son played for him in both basketball and football in Alabama. He is as good as they come, and an overall great guy.  He knows football and will be successful, regardless of the move to DII, although that will definitely help.  He gets the most from his players, too, so I think the move was a good one.  

Coach Roland is a class act coach and his reputation definitely precedes him; however, for anyone to think Coach Palmer was purposefully seeking to replace Roland as HC is ridiculous. 

My post was probably a little pre-mature, but if you look at the situation, it looks as if the assistant coach was coaching under the head coach knowing that he was set up to take over the head coaching job as soon as the season was over. They fired Roland one day and hire the new guy the next day. It sounds like this was going to happen regardless of what success Roland had. It is still a shame considering Roland left Boyd-Buchanan to come to Jackson and gets this in return.

I am curious as to what experience the new head coach has as a head coach...

Who are they going to beat in D2?

There will be 16 teams total in DII 1A after this season counting JCS...10 of those the Eagles would beat easily this year.

Having seen them play for several years which teams do you think they'd beat?

Davidson, Kings, FCS, DCA, NCS, FRA, MJCA, Ezell, ????? Out of that group Ezell is the only sure win IMO. Even FRA with their disappointing season is more talented.

Davidson, Kings, FCS, DCA, NCS, FRA, MJCA, Ezell, ????? Out of that group Ezell is the only sure win IMO. Even FRA with their disappointing season is more talented.

1) Rossville Christian

2) Zion Christian

3) Grace Baptist Academy (not Knox)

4) Ezell Harding

5) Mt. Juliet Christian

6) Kings Academy

7) Memphis Catholic

8) Concorde Christian

9) Tipton Rosemark

10) Fayette Academy

11) Middle Tn. Christian

There are eleven listed...MTC or Ezell might have a shot.

they won't face those teams until the state championship or the semi finals. Cake walk !!!

My post was probably a little pre-mature, but if you look at the situation, it looks as if the assistant coach was coaching under the head coach knowing that he was set up to take over the head coaching job as soon as the season was over. They fired Roland one day and hire the new guy the next day. It sounds like this was going to happen regardless of what success Roland had. It is still a shame considering Roland left Boyd-Buchanan to come to Jackson and gets this in return.

I am curious as to what experience the new head coach has as a head coach...

A friend of mine at Jackson Christian told me Coach Roland had been told about a month ago that he would be let go at the end of the season. The announcements where close together but the decision to fire Roland and hire Palmer were not on that same timeline