Lexington vs Ridgeway at Kirby - Round 2

kwc

The Ridgeway Roadrunners (8-3, 4-0) will host the Lexington Tigers (9-2, 6-2) at Kirby Stadium. Ridgeway's three losses come at the hands of D1, 6A, AP Poll #3, Whitehaven by a score of 27-8. They loss to D2, AA, AP Poll #1, MUS by a score of 40-22. The third loss came at the hands of West Monroe, LA by a score of  61-36. Lexington's two losses both come from Region 7 schools. The first loss came at the hands of Hardin County by a score of 21-20. The 2nd came at the hands of Region 7 champ, Haywood, by a score of 53-40.

Both teams have played Hardin County. Ridgeway just beat them in the 1st round of the playoffs by a score of 34-3.Lexington loss to them (See above reference) The other common opponent is Craigmont. Lexington beat Craigmont in the 1st round by a score of 37-12. Ridgeway beat them in the regular season by a score of 48-0.

The game is being played in Memphis at Kirby. Who wins this one?

Edited by kwc

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Kirby stadium is located in the Hickory Ridge area of town, which is located east Kirby Parkway and North of E. Raines raod in the 38115 zip code.

Gotcha. My senior year we played Fairley at the one by Graceland in the playoffs. That was a while ago and I couldn't remember which one it was.

As for the game, unless Lexington pulls out their annual "plays well above their heads" game they play in the playoffs, I expcet Ridgeway to win. That said, they are said to be a better team now than when they played Hardin Co.

Gotcha. My senior year we played Fairley at the one by Graceland in the playoffs. That was a while ago and I couldn't remember which one it was.

As for the game, unless Lexington pulls out their annual "plays well above their heads" game they play in the playoffs, I expcet Ridgeway to win. That said, they are said to be a better team now than when they played Hardin Co.

You likely played at our field, Whitehaven stadium.

That Sandusky kid looks as good the Conrad guy that they just had. Ridgeway must have an outstanding QB coach! 

I've also come to tet same conclusion. Whoever is coaching their QBs is very good. Their WR coach is no slouch either because those guys make catches in traffic and with DBs draped on them.

And D Line coach. They always seem to have a top pass rusher coming off the edge. They've had championship caliber teams if they can just limit the mistakes.

Man ... it's more then just mistakes with them. I can't quite put my finger on it. But you are correct, they have had championship caliber talent on more then one occasion but they always seem to fall short in the quarter-finals or semi-finals.

Man ... it's more then just mistakes with them. I can't quite put my finger on it. But you are correct, they have had championship caliber talent on more then one occasion but they always seem to fall short in the quarter-finals or semi-finals.

Durron Sutton, that's what you can't quite put your finger on... if he can ever get out of his own way and allow his boys to play loose they'll make the title game. Not sure if they'll win but I am positive that they can get there with that QB and defense. Oh, it's also their special teams which are consistently horrible. That's what kills them along with being tight and Sutton screwing up sometimes... I wish them well tho... a Ridgeway / Pearl-Cohn Semifinal would be nice

Edited by BlackHavenSenator