Rd.3: Union City at Dresden rematch.

Guest hevyrevy1611

We NCS folks pay much attention to games when the powers in the west play each other. We really dont have much of a way to gauge how good everyone is because of the lack of common opponents. My thought after the regular season matchup between Dresden and UC was that there was not much that could be taken away from that game. No discredit to Dresden, but it seems that UC gave them that game. How good is UC now? I have to think they will be more competitive than last time. The big question is, how good is Dresden? I dont think anyone really knows. If they had beaten UC by that much with UC not turning the ball over, things might be a little more clear.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can bet Coach Bowling will have these kids ready to play. Weather it's the same 11 they started the season with or not. UC having 7 turnover in the 1St game and still having 400 yards of offense says something in itself. Dresdens defense is one of the best around and cause several of those turnovers. Bowlings offense has always been a tough one to stop. And UC has to have a night where they keep the ball away from Dresden offense and litterally play a turnover free game. And have long methodical drives like they are known for. I look for alot closer game than before. Too close to even call. Either way both teams represent region 7 very well. We know one thing for sure whichever team is playing Thanksgiving weekend will be trimmed in gold.

Edited by Devil_Alumni

Guest hevyrevy1611

[**WARNING** LONG POST AHEAD. STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE LIMITED EYES OR WEAK GREY MATTER!!] tehe, lol.

Well said Digger. And now I'm just wondering, with the truly top-tier UC team alright now with bugs removed and the Tornadoes are tweaked to running fine & have all systems go, if Dresden was to put another mercy rule game on them Friday night, will credit be given, or will excuses & justifications of another lose be given? More times than not it seems there are far too many folk giving anything but credit where credit is due, esp if it's Dresden winning. I personally think (in my always horse-blinders, biased, homey view) this Dresden team is one of the best teams to ever step on a football field. (Yes, that includes 'your' best team of whatever year it was dear fan-from-other-schools). And we are still not at full throttle. There's still room to improve yet we are blowing folk away and holding everyone in check. I guess it's human nature if you are programmed & conditioned to always think one way ('oh yeah, we playing Dresden, they bottom feeders and a homecoming game team, easy out & probably a W for us'), that you'll never be able to view that team as a dominant excellent team even if they mercy rule everyone. Other teams been through that too, negative folk 'dissing' whatever is accomplished. It appears that going from worst to first upsets the natural order of things and turns folks expectations & ideas topsy turvy. They just can't handle it. But that's alright, our Lions will keep rolling and winning, getting to playoffs and perhaps at times earning our share of shiny awards and nice jewelry. (Maybe we can eventually in time break a record of winning the most awards). I know just thinking this way or saying all that out loud will be lampooned, mocked & ridiculed, and it's anathema to many. The haters gonna hate, naysayers gonna doubt, excuse-makers gonna justify & whine, negative thinkers cast stones at positive goals & ambitions, but that's OK. While they do all that we gonna respect all our opponents, knowing any team can beat another at any time, will emulate the top-tier programs out there and follow the winning recipe & formula, even striving to be better than them, and will do our best, working to be faster, stronger, better, ...always better. When Lions look in the mirror, they know, THEY KNOW who they are & what they can do. They are called king of the jungle for a reason. Success breeds success, it's a snowballing effect. I'm thinking we can do all this, and even more. I luv Luv LUV OUR LIONS. :D ....[i'm now done. You may resume your regular programming].

was the turnovers forced by Dresden or UC have 5 starters out?

I have no idea what caused the turnovers. I doubt they have that many again. Not only the number of turnovers, but the place on the field where they occured. Doesnt seem like Dresden had to do much to win that game.

Edited by carguy59

[**WARNING** LONG POST AHEAD. STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE LIMITED EYES OR WEAK GREY MATTER!!] tehe, lol.

Well said Digger. And now I'm just wondering, with the truly top-tier UC team alright now with bugs removed and the Tornadoes are tweaked to running fine & have all systems go, if Dresden was to put another mercy rule game on them Friday night, will credit be given, or will excuses & justifications of another lose be given? More times than not it seems there are far too many folk giving anything but credit where credit is due, esp if it's Dresden winning. I personally think (in my always horse-blinders, biased, homey view) this Dresden team is one of the best teams to ever step on a football field. (Yes, that includes 'your' best team of whatever year it was dear fan-from-other-schools). And we are still not at full throttle. There's still room to improve yet we are blowing folk away and holding everyone in check. I guess it's human nature if you are programmed & conditioned to always think one way ('oh yeah, we playing Dresden, they bottom feeders and a homecoming game team, easy out & probably a W for us'), that you'll never be able to view that team as a dominant excellent team even if they mercy rule everyone. Other teams been through that too, negative folk 'dissing' whatever is accomplished. It appears that going from worst to first upsets the natural order of things and turns folks expectations & ideas topsy turvy. They just can't handle it. But that's alright, our Lions will keep rolling and winning, getting to playoffs and perhaps at times earning our share of shiny awards and nice jewelry. (Maybe we can eventually in time break a record of winning the most awards). I know just thinking this way or saying all that out loud will be lampooned, mocked & ridiculed, and it's anathema to many. The haters gonna hate, naysayers gonna doubt, excuse-makers gonna justify & whine, negative thinkers cast stones at positive goals & ambitions, but that's OK. While they do all that we gonna respect all our opponents, knowing any team can beat another at any time, will emulate the top-tier programs out there and follow the winning recipe & formula, even striving to be better than them, and will do our best, working to be faster, stronger, better, ...always better. When Lions look in the mirror, they know, THEY KNOW who they are & what they can do. They are called king of the jungle for a reason. Success breeds success, it's a snowballing effect. I'm thinking we can do all this, and even more. I luv Luv LUV OUR LIONS. :D ....[i'm now done. You may resume your regular programming].

"The best team to ever step on a football field." Wow lol that's impressive

Guest hevyrevy1611

"The best team to ever step on a football field." Wow lol that's impressive

:D Maybe not all classes of all states in all of history. Haha. In Tenn 1A football I thinking. Prob 2A too. But betcha this team would be willing to play with any team in any class, anyone at anytime and give them quit a run. :D Yeah, we're that good. :D

:D Maybe not all classes of all states in all of history. Haha. In Tenn 1A football I thinking. Prob 2A too. But betcha this team would be willing to play with any team in any class, anyone at anytime and give them quit a run. :D Yeah, we're that good. :D

Can't fault the confidence but think your mind will change in 2 weeks.

This is pretty funny stuff! You have beaten who you were supposed to beat by large margins. Everyone else who made it to the final four has done pretty much the same thing.  You have played one team who everyone thought might give you a challenge and all that happened was that they gave you the ball instead, and were quite unhealthy at the time.  It's way too early to be saying the things you are saying. You havent made it to the semi-finals yet and you're claiming best ever in 1A?  Funny, funny stuff!  NCS had a great team last year. A magnificent team!! But there is no way that I would say that we were better than UC in 2014, or maybe even Huntingdon in 2012.  You gotta learn to take one game at a time, one year at a time and let the record speak for itself. Everyone knows the Lions are good, so dont come on here trying to make it sound like you all are the disrespected under dogs. Most were picking you pre-season favorites, so that whole rant just doesn't work. Win one and then bask in the glow. All this stuff here is mindless, useless chatter. Your team cant go back to play the UC team from 2014.  If it could, you would be a little, no, a lot humbled. In the words of Teddy Roosevelt, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."