Rd.3: Union City at Dresden rematch.

Guest hevyrevy1611

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to beat a good team twice, but ithink Dresden can pull it off. Cant wait to watch this one.

I said the same thing when people asked who I'd rather see WC play this week, NCS or Huntingdon, I said NCS for two reasons. One, they the only team to beat WC the past two years and two, we done beat a good Huntingdon team and it's hard to beat a good team twice in the same season.

I said the same thing when people asked who I'd rather see WC play this week, NCS or Huntingdon, I said NCS for two reasons. One, they the only team to beat WC the past two years and two, we done beat a good Huntingdon team and it's hard to beat a good team twice in the same season.

Only problem with this rematch is it will be like a different UC team on the field. The first game was in the middle of the injury Armageddon they were battling through. Not sure who will be back but the other players have had time to make adjustments to new assignments and sounds like they are back to UC form. Should be a much better game but I'd be happy with same results as first game. lol

Have to stir the pot here for the Lions fans.  What a scam that Dresser Winn is not a finalist for Mr. Football.  I know that he missed a couple of games but as I said in another thread he is the best 1A football player in the state of Tennessee.  Insane he's not on there.  I'm sure he will go out Friday with a lot to prove now

You might get more of a reaction from most of us if he wasn't the winner of the award last year. I'm pretty sure Dresser is fine with someone else winning the award this year. They are all deserving of it. Maybe Dresser will have a somewhat bigger chip on his should this week and hopefully two weeks afterwards. Not that the kid can do much more than he already does.

Have to stir the pot here for the Lions fans. What a scam that Dresser Winn is not a finalist for Mr. Football. I know that he missed a couple of games but as I said in another thread he is the best 1A football player in the state of Tennessee. Insane he's not on there. I'm sure he will go out Friday with a lot to prove now

It's a scam that neither Winn nor Yates is representing this team for Mr Football

I have watched this UC team for years and I can tell you that in the first meeting there was no continuity on the offense at all. The timing and rhythm was way off. Since then they have gelled somewhat and have regained some of the identity of who they are. Coach Bowling barley opened the playbook last meeting and stuck with the bare minimum because of the fumbles that were rampant. We will not have any one back from injury. We are down to 1 senior left who started at the beginning of the season. What we do have is a very much improved group of under classmen who have worked hard at getting better. If I could give an example, they remind me of the 2009 Championship team. That team also struggled mid- season and fought their way to Cookeville and won. There is still a long way to go to get back there especially when we have the Lions waiting at the end of this week. It's an uphill battle from here but this is the year of great comebacks. Just look around. I'm hoping for that trend to continue Friday night. Go Tornadoes

Have to stir the pot here for the Lions fans. What a scam that Dresser Winn is not a finalist for Mr. Football. I know that he missed a couple of games but as I said in another thread he is the best 1A football player in the state of Tennessee. Insane he's not on there. I'm sure he will go out Friday with a lot to prove now

You won't be stirring the pot much here. Dresser won it last year & I figured us not getting to play the whole Gleason game & Dresser being out a game would hurt his stats. Dresser has been quoted all along as saying that he really wasn't concerned with winning Mr Football again. He'd much rather win a gold ball with his teammmates. I think if anything he'll be playing more focused than ever now, if that's possible. I'm telling you this group of players, especially the seniors, are on a mission. If they get beat it won't be because they didn't give 110% & leave it all on the field.