Rd.3: Union City at Dresden rematch.

Guest hevyrevy1611

I agree Swo. I have been around high school football for over 40 years and I have seen many great teams over the years. It is impossible to say who the best team of all time is. This Dresden team is a very good team but the best of all time. Lol. Its naive to think Dresden this year could play with the Alcoa's of the world. Dresden may go on and win the state title this year but I think UC, Wayne County, NCS on the west side very well could beat them. I really do think that Wayne County may be the best team in 1A. The best ever talk is just crazy. As for the Dresden/UC game. It will be alot closer this time around and UC may very well walk out of Dresden with a win.Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's really funny about it is the fact that everybody knows they're good and I haven't seen a post that says anything different. Maybe we all need to brag on them a little more. Your right Revy, best team ever! None of the rest of us have a chance, probably should just go ahead and forfeit and give y'all the gold ball before us lesser teams players get hurt!

All I want is to see is Union City tackle (Be physical), finish off drives (Not fumble or stall drives on 4th down) and not quit when they get knocked in the mouth...None of that happened the last time in Dresden...

This post is what a lot of people didn't want to say. UC got hit like they haven't all year or since that game. Dresden will hit them again and if they respond it should be a great game if not Dresden will win easily again.

What's really funny about it is the fact that everybody knows they're good and I haven't seen a post that says anything different. Maybe we all need to brag on them a little more. Your right Revy, best team ever! None of the rest of us have a chance, probably should just go ahead and forfeit and give y'all the gold ball before us lesser teams players get hurt!

Wow play in two day golf tournament and miss all the fun. We need to pitch in and fill Revy's meds it looks like. I've said for two years that this is the best Dresden team to ever play in the hog pen and I still feel the same. I've also said this team has beaten the teams they were supposed to beat. Granted the UC game was a little of a surprise but with all the injuries it makes sense. What I need to see is this team beat a team that is equal to or more talented than we are. How will this team react being down in a close game in 4th quarter? I fully expect UC to be a much better team this go round, and if they play UC football and keep our offense sidelined it's going to be a close game. I still think their secondary can't cover all our receivers.

Lert me chime in.  Since I travel for my job in most of the middle and middle west of the state of Tennessee and have not been able to make any post much this football season, I have seen Dresden twice, Wayne County twice and Union City 3 times.  Wayne County will be a tough pill for either team to swallow.  The reason I feel Dresden will not either make the finals or win the final game?   They have not played a full 4 quarter game yet and have not really been challenged.  Union City moved the ball on them but just fumbled and had balls stripped all night.  Union City can beat Dresden, no mercy rule this time people.  As for Wayne County, tough, real tough, so is Dresden but Wayne County has had a couple games of full game playing with starters.  Is Dresden battle tested, time will tell but I say no.  It all starts this week.  Union  City will come in basically playing all Juniors, sophomores and even some freshmen and ( one ) 1 senior who is not hurt.  Don't get me wrong, Dresden is good.  From here on out it will be tough and should be.  NCS is good also but depends on which team shows up.  South Pitt is a good team this season and almost back to their days of old.  We will see.  Starts this week the season does.  One thing about Union City, they have coaches that have been there and done that.  Their players buy in and believe they will win.  Rain is in the forecast, windy conditions so this will play right into Union City's hands with ground control and clock control.

Edited by ucdiditagain