Rd.3: Union City at Dresden rematch.

Guest hevyrevy1611

I find it interesting that some of the Dresden fans keep saying this is the best 1A team ever, especially since they have not won a state championship yet. How about winning state before you start telling all of us how good you are. Without Dresser, Dresden is slightly above average this year.

"Some" Dresden fans would equal 1 & that's Revy. No one has to remind us fans or this team that we have not won a state championship. That's what keeps these players motivated.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct TT21. I've studied most of Dresden's games this year and it's amazing how many play makers they have of the field. We have 3 good running backs, 4 or 5 receivers that can catch almost anything and Dresser (no description needed). Defense is fast and physical. If we have a weak point, I would guess it's line play but they have improved this year. Along with that they can be sloppy and undisciplined at times and if that team shows up we can be playing basketball in a hurry. 

Upset Alert - Dresden is due for a let down per the numbers and statistical probabilities. Computer sayeth:

home field

[2016] Union City (TN) 35, [2016] Dresden (TN) 31

With the weather looking rough for Friday night it could be a very interesting game. Good thing is it will effect both teams.

I was just looking at the weather and it looks bad. We have a 90% chance of rain and 10-15 mph winds. I don't know about y'all but it sounds like my kind of weather. Just saying

Upset Alert - Dresden is due for a let down per the numbers and statistical probabilities. Computer sayeth:

home field

[2016] Union City (TN) 35, [2016] Dresden (TN) 31

This is very possible.  I am picking Dresden by one score.  Dresden better have their stuff straight.  As in most games fewest turnovers or some big play in special teams will likely decide it.

I apologize if I grouped people in my previous comments, it seemed I had seen several Dresden fans saying as much, it certainly could have been the same person. I do believe Dresden has the best balanced team in 1A this year. They are well coached, very disciplined, and are fundamentally sound, but you have to win a Championship before one can say they are the best. Agreed, if Dresden wins state, they should be considered as Dresden's best team in school history. Unlike previous years, the competition is a little tougher this year. The east will finally put a true contender in the State Championship.

I apologize if I grouped people in my previous comments, it seemed I had seen several Dresden fans saying as myou auch, it certainly could have been the same person. I do believe Dresden has the best balanced team in 1A this year. They are well coached, very disciplined, and are fundamentally sound, but you have to win a Championship before one can say they are the best. Agreed, if Dresden wins state, they should be considered as Dresden's best team in school history. Unlike previous years, the competition is a little tougher this year. The east will finally put a true contender in the State Championship.

I don't know which team you support but I will also remind you that your team has to get to the title game and actually compete before you can make statement as well. So far you are just making an unfounded statement. I say the west maintains their dominance.