Rd.3: Union City at Dresden rematch.

Guest hevyrevy1611

We NCS folks pay much attention to games when the powers in the west play each other. We really dont have much of a way to gauge how good everyone is because of the lack of common opponents. My thought after the regular season matchup between Dresden and UC was that there was not much that could be taken away from that game. No discredit to Dresden, but it seems that UC gave them that game. How good is UC now? I have to think they will be more competitive than last time. The big question is, how good is Dresden? I dont think anyone really knows. If they had beaten UC by that much with UC not turning the ball over, things might be a little more clear. 

As a Peabody fan I will tel you UC did not give that game to the Lions. This Dresden team is the realdeal. They are comparable to some great Peabody and UC teams of recent past. It will be WC vs Dresden. No disrespect to UC. This is Dresden's year

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Maybe not all classes of all states in all of history. Haha. In Tenn 1A football I thinking. Prob 2A too. But betcha this team would be willing to play with any team in any class, anyone at anytime and give them quit a run. :D Yeah, we're that good. :D

As good as this Dresden team is, they were not better than the 2014, UC and Peabody team. with that being said, they are awfully close.

The best thing UC can do is make their long time consuming drives and score. They cough the ball up and it could get ugly. They keep it close and our offense on the sideline it will help their cause. I don't think your D will keep Dresden from scoring but Trenton did as good a job of making Dresden have to punt the ball as anyone has all year. Dresser probably punted more last Friday night as he has in last 5 games combined.

The best thing UC can do is make their long time consuming drives and score. They cough the ball up and it could get ugly. They keep it close and our offense on the sideline it will help their cause. I don't think your D will keep Dresden from scoring but Trenton did as good a job of making Dresden have to punt the ball as anyone has all year. Dresser probably punted more last Friday night as he has in last 5 games combined.

that should be a lot of  the game plan

Teams that live by the veer often times die by the veer.  It will be interesting to see which UC team shows up this time against Dresden.  From what I heard UC was able to move the ball on the first matchup, but not able to hang on to it.  When it is ran to perfection with the right personnel, the 4 and 5 yard ground and pound of the veer can be a very demoralizing thing. NCS had all they wanted two years ago.  Only a very disciplined defense with players who are able to stay at home and execute their assignments can have a chance at stopping a good veer team.  Too much aggressiveness and over-persuing will make for a worn out defense and a loooooooong night!

No doubt this game will be much closer than the last meeting. I have ultimate respect for UC team & their coaching staff & the winning history they have. I'm thinking UC will protect the ball much better this time & will try to contain Yates. Thing is if they contain Yates that opens up our passing game with Winn & receivers. Line play will be a big factor in this game in my opinion. Our Lions want a little taste of what Trenton & UC had had in the last few years & are focused. I'm going with our Lions but I do believe it will be a closer game.

The beauty of this time of the year is the cakewalks are over. Cream has risen to top, you have 8 teams left that anyone of, can win on any given night. The winner of this game will face a very tough team next week and the week after. The small mistakes and penalty's that you could overcome on many teams, will be magnified in the next few games to the point that it will cost you a chance at a covenant state championship. One turnover or 15 yard penalty could define your season. Looking forward to listening to a great game Friday night. Not looking forward to hearing twinkle miss numbers and names but it is what it is. lol Go Lions!!!!