Franklin (10-2) at Whitehaven (12-0) - 6A Quarterfinal

kwc

I wish the numbers would have allowed Southink to have been included in 6A in Memphis. As it stands now, Region 7 will have 5 teams and Region 8 will have 4. Southind would have made Region 8 have 5 teams as well. As it stands currently, every team in Region 8 will go to the playoffs while every team, except one, will make it to the playoffs in Regoin 7. I know it just fell that way due to the numbers, but I would have liked it if both Regions had at least 6 teams apiece. Scheduling is going to be interesting, to say the least.

TSSAA doesn't like seeing us DOMINATE the Suburbs, my opinion of why it "broke like that" with the Regions in Shelby County. 

I agree, just not right for any Region to have 4 teams and all go to the playoffs, while other Regions have 7 or 8 teams and 2 or 3 really good teams get left out of the playoffs. How does the T$$AA explain that mess?

I thought the same thing when I saw it. I don't know what process they used to determine the 'cutoff' number for student enrollment. I think they weren't thinking regional at all because the number of 6A and 5A schools in Memphis and the surrounding area is different then Middle TN and East TN. There are only 9 in Memphis and the surrounding area to be split up into 2 different regions. Then, when you look at 5A in the same area, there are 9 teams that all go into one region which is Region 8.

There is no way to adjust it the way things are set up. It is what it is. The Region 7 6A teams will have to find 6 non-region games to fill out a schedule and the Region 8 6A teams will have to find 7. Sheesh! While the Region 8 5A teams will only have 2 non region games. Go figure.

2017-2021 Football Classification Edited by kwc

I thought the same thing when I saw it. I don't know what process they used to determine the 'cutoff' number for student enrollment. I think they weren't thinking regional at all because the number of 6A and 5A schools in Memphis and the surrounding area is different then Middle TN and East TN. There are only 9 in Memphis and the surrounding area to be split up into 2 different regions. Then, when you look at 5A in the same area, there are 9 teams that all go into one region which is Region 8.

There is no way to adjust it the way things are set up. It is what it is. The Region 7 6A teams will have to find 6 non-region games to fill out a schedule and the Region 8 6A teams will have to find 7. Sheesh! While the Region 8 5A teams will only have 2 non region games. Go figure.

2017-2021 Football Classification

We know what it is....