2016-2017 AAA Rankings

Hamm

If I was Hamm id say to heck with it and stop doing them. Why he puts himself thru this every year I don't know.

Seriously?  Do we all have to agree???  Its called a "discussion board"

Lets keep this about wrestling. Keep your political crap on facebook.

In that case, please change your screen name, I don't want religion involved either.  Sorry that I hurt your feelings but instead of trying to be my mother, go ahead and post about wrestling...

• Upvote 1

I think SD could be a spoiler for alot of teams. There is alot of talent on the team that alot haven't seen. It's just a personal opinion anyway. It does seem the west is getting more love. LOL

No doubt the Trojans woke up in February after struggling a year ago.

Hamm has done much for wrestling in Tennessee and thru the years, he has boosted the morale of many on and off the mat involving every division and team.

Thanks HamBone, a friend to many!!

Edited by Sommers

From the looks of a few early matches it appears there might be some shake up.  Neither Gibbs or Indy looked like top 10 teams.  Both had ranked wrestlers that lost to non-ranked opponents:

Gibbs:  Maxwell & Adzima both lost to Hardin Valley

Indy: Schnedler lost to Mt. Juliet

The Blue Raiders, on the other hand, rolled over NW Whitfield this morning.  Some good performances and no surprises except a few Cleveland wrestlers not yet to their descents. 

Edited by ObserverW

From the looks of a few early matches it appears there might be some shake up. Neither Gibbs or Indy looked like top 10 teams. Both had ranked wrestlers that lost to non-ranked opponents:

Gibbs: Maxwell & Adzima both lost to Hardin Valley

Indy: Schnedler lost to Mt. Juliet

The Blue Raiders, on the other hand, rolled over NW Whitfield this morning. Some good performances and no surprises except a few Cleveland wrestlers not yet to their descents.

Adzima and Maxwell were both bumped up due to weight drop. Time will tell! Good luck to you and or yours!

Maxwell is heading to 138 and bumped for the team to 152.

Edited by hrdcrwrestler

Adzima and Maxwell were both bumped up due to weight drop. Time will tell! Good luck to you and or yours!

Ok, so they are up a weight, but at this point in the year, aren't a lot of kids up a weight?  Maxwell certified at 152 so surely hes not that far away from 52.  Does a few pounds make that much difference for a ranked kid to get beat by a freshman?

Sound like it might be a long year for some kids at Gibbs.

Ok, so they are up a weight, but at this point in the year, aren't a lot of kids up a weight? Maxwell certified at 152 so surely hes not that far away from 52. Does a few pounds make that much difference for a ranked kid to get beat by a freshman?

Sound like it might be a long year for some kids at Gibbs.

Fair enough! Good luck to you and or yours.

Maxwell lost to Josh Pietarila 4-2. Pietarila was one of the best if not the best MS wrestlers in TN the last 2 years. Kid is going to be something special as he showed it by knocking off a ranked kid in his first HS match of his career. I hear Pietarila is also decending to 138 too. I'm sure these two will meet again this year and should make for an interesting region.