2016 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Finalists (3A & 4A)

kwc

CLASS 3A LINEMAN

Jacob Phillips, East Nashville

Jacob Rimmer, Milan

CLASS 4A LINEMAN

Cade Mays, Knoxville Catholic

Cain McWilliams, Marshall County

CLASS 3A BACK

Hunter Davenport, Sequatchie County

Tykee Kellogg, Alcoa

CLASS 4A BACK

Chase Kuerschen, Knoxville Catholic

Amari Rodgers, Knoxville Catholic

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the young men but I have to say it... 4a backs...Let me start by saying Rodgers and Chase is a beast and the deserve the recognition but with all the schools in 4a they should have chose just one kid from Knox Catholic which my choice would be Chase and put someone else in.

I agree, i admit I know nothing about the backs at Knox Catholic and I'm sure they're great but it does seem kinda odd/biased to have two from the same school out of all the great backs in 4a in the state.

Chase Keurschen would have my vote. If you haven't seen him play I highly recommend watching some film. Even better live. One of the most complete players I have ever watched.

I agree 100% BUT how do you leave off the defending Mr. Football that improved on his stats? Chase reminds me of Harrison Smith but slightly slower. Based on physical attributes you would pick Rodgers but someone will be getting a steal with Keurschen and throw in being an honor roll student.

The way I heard it was that Fulton gambled with man coverage on Rogers and put 2 on Keurschen. Catholic's quarterback had a bad night.

Lost the starting RT with a stupid basketball injury the day before the game, one of the starting TBs after 1 carry with an injury but most importantly lost the FB early in the game which did a great job helping protect the QB. Fulton did a great job pressuring the QB leading to the bad game. They did a fantastic job with game adjustments both in game and from the previous meeting.

CLASS 3A LINEMAN

Jacob Phillips, East Nashville

Jacob Rimmer, Milan

CLASS 4A LINEMAN

Cade Mays, Knoxville Catholic

Cain McWilliams, Marshall County

CLASS 3A BACK

Hunter Davenport, Sequatchie County

Tykee Kellogg, Alcoa

CLASS 4A BACK

Chase Kuerschen, Knoxville Catholic

Amari Rodgers, Knoxville Catholic

Congratulations to the young men listed above

Will have to wait and see how games turn out Friday night but possible matchup with the 3A back finalist during semifinals next week.