Austin East at Marion County (Mathis man against this Phillips man)

Roy Dillard

That and sounds like AE didn't get off the bus expecting MC D

Ae played a lot better in the second half, but some was attributed to Mc being in prevent mode and trying to burn the clock on offense. Biggest play of the game was the 2 point conversion that mc converted to make it a running clock to start the second. That basically wiped out the whole 3rd qtr before ae scored. Mc did what theh wanted in the fjrst balf until a couple got banged up and ae moved everyone in the box. This Mc defense is good and a lot of folks didnt have faith in em, but they doubled Harpers int total for the year, picking off 4 tonight. Both teams were laying the licks tonight and their are gonna be some sore players in the am. Several dropped passes by ae hurt early and later in the game they had aligator arms expecting the hit. Good luck in 3a ball next year ae and good luck to the warriors in cookeville next week.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

Had a td called back at the end of 1st half or it would have been 42.

You called it before the season Bassy. I knew we would have a good team but didn't think we could make it to Cookeville.

I told you boys in the summer that no team from the east could touch you. Thanks for acknowledging. As for SP I never once said we would go to Cookeville this season. I knew we had a chance, but Greenback was really, really good.

It was a running clock 3rd quarter, I don't think that has anything to do with the prevent defense ... AE started to slow that's all that happen.. This game reminded me of last years hampton game, we spotted MC 35 points and tried to make the comeback but fell short. Like most the MC fans said in the restroom after the game, "if AE would've played the first half like they played the 2nd half, they would've blew us off the field!"

Edited by Turtle

It was a running clock 3rd quarter, I don't think that has anything to do with the prevent defense ... AE started to slow that's all that happen.. This game reminded me of last years hampton game, we spotted MC 35 points and tried to make the comeback but fell short. Like most the MC fans in the restroom after the game, "if AE would've played the first half like they played the 2nd half, they would've blew us off the field!"

You're basing your feelings on the game off of men in a restroom?

It was a running clock 3rd quarter, I don't think that has anything to do with the prevent defense ... AE started to slow that's all that happen.. This game reminded me of last years hampton game, we spotted MC 35 points and tried to make the comeback but fell short. Like most the MC fans in the restroom after the game, "if AE would've played the first half like they played the 2nd half, they would've blew us off the field!"

The defense was tuned in for the 1st half. AE had no chance then. Played a little too conservative in the 2nd but we had a huge lead and rode it. We heard all year that AE was gonna take it all but like I said, "The road to Cookeville goes through Jasper."

The only "Beep Beep" I heard was that bus backing up to hit I-75 North.

Edited by PurplePower68