Waverly vs Trezevant

vandyfan1

@vandyfan1

check the link and just read through. I gave my uncut perspective on why very few "Inner City" (code word for BLACK) Schools don't have fields compared to the Private schools and Suburban schools (code name for WHITE) and others provided opinions as well. owlbooster was on there just to argue with me because I believe he has a secret man crush on me  :wub:  SMDH

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/248332-big-games-in-memphis-week-7/page-2

@vandyfan1

check the link and just read through. I gave my uncut perspective on why very few "Inner City" (code word for BLACK) Schools don't have fields compared to the Private schools and Suburban schools (code name for WHITE) and others provided opinions as well. owlbooster was on there just to argue with me because I believe he has a secret man crush on me :wub: SMDH

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/248332-big-games-in-memphis-week-7/page-2

I don't live there so I don't know about the "black" thing but as far as you saying involving the kids to help them I think that's a good idea actually a great idea. I think it's a shame schools like this don't have their own fields. My kid grew up playing on the same field as I did and I know we at waverly take pride in our field it's ours. Man that's just crazy and I don't see why something can't be done about that!

I have answered this question on one of the BGIM threads this year. I gave my honest opinion. If I can find it I'll link it but the overall short answer is Racism from back in the day that still has residual effects now.

Is there room for a field to be built at these schools? I just don't understand why a school can't have their own field! I might be missing something here but it's just mind boggling to me

I don't live there so I don't know about the "black" thing but as far as you saying involving the kids to help them I think that's a good idea actually a great idea. I think it's a shame schools like this don't have their own fields. My kid grew up playing on the same field as I did and I know we at waverly take pride in our field it's ours. Man that's just crazy and I don't see why something can't be done about that!

Another thing about Waverly and Hampton stadium it doesnt matter if your black white blue or green if you can play coach mcconnell will put you on the field.  its more of a family than it is a race here.  

You don't have to wonder about the "black " thing, I gave you context and insight. Don't be like a lot of white people and not listen to the other perspective when it's one that may make you uncomfortable like owlbooster did. :)