Waverly vs Trezevant

vandyfan1

Sad to see the race issue brought up. I'm not a Waverly fan but I have post on this one. I have dealt with, competed against, and lived beside Waverly for over 40 years. I have never heard, one thing ever, about Waverly having problems with race. They are one of the best communities of getting along I have ever seen. They were one of the first schools in the region to become desegregated, and they have always had standout athletes, and students, who just happened to be Black Americans. They've had a strong middle class Black community for decades, mainly due to the good jobs in the Johnsonville plants - TVA and DuPont. In Waverly, race was never mentioned. Sad that in America, when there is nothing else to drag up, the old race issue rears its ugly head. 

Sad to see the race issue brought up. I'm not a Waverly fan but I have post on this one. I have dealt with, competed against, and lived beside Waverly for over 40 years. I have never heard, one thing ever, about Waverly having problems with race. They are one of the best communities of getting along I have ever seen. They were one of the first schools in the region to become desegregated, and they have always had standout athletes, and students, who just happened to be Black Americans. They've had a strong middle class Black community for decades, mainly due to the good jobs in the Johnsonville plants - TVA and DuPont. In Waverly, race was never mentioned. Sad that in America, when there is nothing else to drag up, the old race issue rears its ugly head.

Wasn't anything brought up about race. Just a question on why trez didn't have a stadium and it was answered. Gotta remember we are kind of in our own little world, city life is not too familiar with most of us lol. Would be nice if Shelby County did get them a stadium, you would think a state champion deserves a field to actually call home.

Wasn't anything brought up about race. Just a question on why trez didn't have a stadium and it was answered. Gotta remember we are kind of in our own little world, city life is not too familiar with most of us lol. Would be nice if Shelby County did get them a stadium, you would think a state champion deserves a field to actually call home.

Yep, I wish they would build stadiums for all the kids in Memphis. They deserve what everybody else has, in my opinion. 

it's got to be from Memphis City School. Shelby County School is a different governing body. 2 different governments

it's got to be from Memphis City School. Shelby County School is a different governing body. 2 different governments

Memphis city schools no longer exist. We have 3 or 4 municipal school districts with less than 10 high schools. Its always a money issue when it comes to building Trezevant a stadium. If we win this one the issue will be front and center for someone to get something done.

Memphis city schools no longer exist. We have 3 or 4 municipal school districts with less than 10 high schools. Its always a money issue when it comes to building Trezevant a stadium. If we win this one the issue will be front and center for someone to get something done.

told u. It's been awhile since I left Memphis. Are county schools still under Shelby or are they all under those municipals

man no one is even pointing a finger at what the reason is except you. People outside of Memphis was just wanting to know what their home FOOTBALL field is. Man I get on just for football.

I don't know what you are trying to say but I gave a legitimate reason why a school like Trezevant has never had an on-campus stadium. Go read the link. You may not like it, but so, I don't like the fact that only 2 historically black schools have their own home field (Melrose & BTW )