D2A State Championship Knox Webb vs. Lausanne

Spartan4Life

Lausanne has lots of athletes. Their team is actually a combination of Lausanne players and players from Power Center Academy -- a Memphis city charter school.

So expect Memphis city school athletes and top private school coaching and support.

Lausanne's style of play is a version of what you usually get from the top Memphis public schools. They spread the field with athletes and a hard-to-tackle RB that will try to turn the corner.

Their QB will scramble and can hit the open man on the run if your DBs come off their assignments.

I like Webb in this one though.

Lausanne is solid up front, but a normal Webb line will control the line of scrimmage. Webb is (in most years) quicker off the ball and plays with lower pad level than what I saw from Lausanne. 

The RB from Lausanne will get loose a couple of times.

Think this will be one of those boring, methodical, surgical Webb games where y'all march up and down the field 10 minutes at a time getting five yards a pop before your speedy RBs take a few all the way.

Webb 28 - Lausanne 14.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Lausanne's Playoff record they haven't given up more than 14 while Webb gave up darn near 50 to a good St. George's team. That doesn't give you East TN folks any cause for pause???

I'll hang up and listen

LifeOnTSS+PM+Gif+hangup.gif

Well I don't think that says too much. Webb put up 69. Sometimes you have high scoring or low scoring games. Doesn't necessarily mean much.

I think looking at mutual opponents says more. Both beat Harding Academy by the same score. You all beat St George's by 29 early in the season and we beat them by 21. That alone tells me both these teams have the ability to win this game.

It will be interesting to see if Webb's championship experience is the difference or not in this one.

Well I don't think that says too much. Webb put up 69. Sometimes you have high scoring or low scoring games. Doesn't necessarily mean much.

I think looking at mutual opponents says more. Both beat Harding Academy by the same score. You all beat St George's by 29 early in the season and we beat them by 21. That alone tells me both these teams have the ability to win this game.

It will be interesting to see if Webb's championship experience is the difference or not in this one.

It says they got a good defense don't it?

It says they got a good defense don't it?

I'm sure you do. You probably have a slightly better defense especially if you take away differing opponents. I'd argue that Webb may have the slightly better offense. So it's a wash and it really doesn't mean too much.

The most theyve given up is 21all year. Webb will have to score more than 21 to win I believe. Should be a good one.

I'm sure you do. You probably have a slightly better defense especially if you take away differing opponents. I'd argue that Webb may have the slightly better offense. So it's a wash and it really doesn't mean too much.

The most theyve given up is 21all year. Webb will have to score more than 21 to win I believe. Should be a good one.

Why are you saying you instead of them or they? I'm not with any private school. I'm with Whitehaven lol

Lausanne has lots of athletes. Their team is actually a combination of Lausanne players and players from Power Center Academy -- a Memphis city charter school.

So expect Memphis city school athletes and top private school coaching and support.

Lausanne's style of play is a version of what you usually get from the top Memphis public schools. They spread the field with athletes and a hard-to-tackle RB that will try to turn the corner.

Their QB will scramble and can hit the open man on the run if your DBs come off their assignments.

I like Webb in this one though.

Lausanne is solid up front, but a normal Webb line will control the line of scrimmage. Webb is (in most years) quicker off the ball and plays with lower pad level than what I saw from Lausanne.

The RB from Lausanne will get loose a couple of times.

Think this will be one of those boring, methodical, surgical Webb games where y'all march up and down the field 10 minutes at a time getting five yards a pop before your speedy RBs take a few all the way.

Webb 28 - Lausanne 14.

While I understand people's frustration with the fact that Lausanne co-ops with Power Center, it is foolish for everyone to act like most of their team does not go to school at Lausanne. They have one player who gets meaningful playing time (doesn't start) on defense, none on offense, and 2-3 on special teams. Clearly this is an advantage but it is not as if they have "city school athletes with private school coaching" as you say.

As for the actual game, I believe it will be a great one. Personally, I believe Lausanne pulls it out but will not be shocked to see it go the other way. Lausanne has played multiple other wing T teams this season (obviously none as good as Webb) but they have at least seen which can't hurt. I also believe that others on the board underestimate Lausanne's team speed. Clearly Webb will have the fastest guy on the field but I think after that it is a push. I'll go Lausanne 34 Webb 31

While I understand people's frustration with the fact that Lausanne co-ops with Power Center, it is foolish for everyone to act like most of their team does not go to school at Lausanne. They have one player who gets meaningful playing time (doesn't start) on defense, none on offense, and 2-3 on special teams. Clearly this is an advantage but it is not as if they have "city school athletes with private school coaching" as you say.

As for the actual game, I believe it will be a great one. Personally, I believe Lausanne pulls it out but will not be shocked to see it go the other way. Lausanne has played multiple other wing T teams this season (obviously none as good as Webb) but they have at least seen which can't hurt. I also believe that others on the board underestimate Lausanne's team speed. Clearly Webb will have the fastest guy on the field but I think after that it is a push. I'll go Lausanne 34 Webb 31

And I will have to take issue with your statement as I personally spoke with one of Lausanne's coaches and per him, #2 goes to PCA.  As you know, he not only starts on defense, but is one of their premier defensive players, plays special teams and played a little offense if I remember correctly.  Not my words, the coach's.  Don't know how many others fall into this category.

And I will have to take issue with your statement as I personally spoke with one of Lausanne's coaches and per him, #2 goes to PCA. As you know, he not only starts on defense, but is one of their premier defensive players, plays special teams and played a little offense if I remember correctly. Not my words, the coach's. Don't know how many others fall into this category.

I have also spoken to their coaches. From what I gather, he was a starter but continuously busts his assignment which has reduced him to a back up role in recent weeks. Still gets plenty of playing time but not a "starter". I was shocked by this because seeing him on the field he just seems to make plays. He will occasionally play RB at the end of games, but nothing significant. As someone who has followed the school (along with many other Memphis teams) all year, I hate to see people trash them on here as if they are cheating.

I'm not trashing them and not accusing anyone of cheating.It appears they have found a provision in the bylaws and are using it to their advantage. Not Lausanne's doing it's the TSSAA.However I think it's unfair and should be changed. In addition I watched the aforementioned player the entire game in person and he played the first play from scrimmage so I don't know how you define starter. FInally the co op school isn't some tiny 100 student school somewhere in the sticks-it has 549 students and obviously some are pretty good at football.