Farragut VS Independence 5A State Title Game

SweetScience

I didn't see that Owls/Riverdale game, but IMO Ooltewah improved leaps and bounds throughout the year after that obliteration Riverdale gave them. If that game had of been played later in the year I think the result would've been an Owls victory, if not at least a lot closer. JMO. Ooltewah was a really good team by years end. Actually, they should've never lost to Farragut, but they somehow managed to. That game was 42-14 at one point. Hard to fathom how they lost that game.

I didn't see that Owls/Riverdale game, but IMO Ooltewah improved leaps and bounds throughout the year after that obliteration Riverdale gave them. If that game had of been played later in the year I think the result would've been an Owls victory, if not at least a lot closer. JMO. Ooltewah was a really good team by years end. Actually, they should've never lost to Farragut, but they somehow managed to. That game was 42-14 at one point. Hard to fathom how they lost that game.

Spot on SS. The Owl team that Rhea beat 28-6 early in the season wasnt the same team that lost to Farragut in the playoffs, they were much improved. Farragut is well coached and made the necessary adjustments to get back in the game and I believe momentum took over from there. Thats the thing about high school ball, when momentum gets going in one direction its hard to turn it back around.

This is not the same Indy team as last year. Indy's whole offense is based around the screen game and fake screens and they only run one kind of running play and their defense I feel was exposed the last 2 weeks so if Farragut can see what Cane Ridge did and Brentwood did it should be a good game

Screens - fake screens ?

You really do not know much about Indy do you?

Hines the QB must have done lots of screens to throw for 3,300 yards and 38 TD's this season...

One running play - must work they have gained 2200 total yards rushing and Henderson (1,000) is at 6.6 per carry -

With two sophomore D1's at wideout and the wildcard that plays RB,WR,TE whom is Miss St recruit will have thier way with your secondary all night

Both sides of the ball you have not seen the speed and athletes like you will Friday

Spot on SS. The Owl team that Rhea beat 28-6 early in the season wasnt the same team that lost to Farragut in the playoffs, they were much improved. Farragut is well coached and made the necessary adjustments to get back in the game and I believe momentum took over from there. Thats the thing about high school ball, when momentum gets going in one direction its hard to turn it back around.

I agree. Although it is true that Ooltewah controlled the first half, and had the momentum still at the start of the second half while going up 42-14, for the next 21:08 Farragut captured the momentum and outscored the Owls 42-7. Ooltewah missed a game-winning field goal, but Farragut also missed a field goal at the end of the first half that would have had the Owls kicking for the tie rather than the win. Farragut also lost the turnover battle, 2-1, yet still managed to pull it out at the end.

The point is that Farragut, Ooltewah and Rhea Co. were evenly matched teams where momentum and an individual player making a play can be all the difference. In games like these you can usually find where both teams missed opportunities and both likely had a chance to win.

Farragut and Ooltewah scrimmaged in August and there is no question that both were vastly improved by the time they met in the playoffs.

As far as Farragut facing speed is concerned, they have had to chase burners Graham, Higgins (Clemson commit) and Quinn all over the field. I imagine Farragut's kids are comfortable they have seen speed. To my knowledge, speed is speed in the eastern, middle and western parts of the state.

I don't have any idea who will win on Friday. What I do know is that the Admirals will play, and play hard, until the final whistle.

Edited by Former44

Screens - fake screens ?

You really do not know much about Indy do you?

Hines the QB must have done lots of screens to throw for 3,300 yards and 38 TD's this season...

One running play - must work they have gained 2200 total yards rushing and Henderson (1,000) is at 6.6 per carry -

With two sophomore D1's at wideout and the wildcard that plays RB,WR,TE whom is Miss St recruit will have thier way with your secondary all night

Both sides of the ball you have not seen the speed and athletes like you will Friday

well we know your a Indy dad haha. They throw a lot of short quick passes and quick screens and then pump and go stuff too off that. They really have 2 run plays: inside zone and qb power. Hines is really not as good as his numbers show, but like you said Indy has a good receiving corps which makes him looks good. They put up Most of those numbers in regular season against not so good teams but in playoffs their weaknesses have been exposed but give them credit they have won. If and pure speed wise I have saw teams with a lot more speed than their receivers btw. The biggest thing Indy has for them is Blade on their side bc he is a very good coach that's experienced state before. They will have a hard time with Farragut if they get up quick but it should be a good game! Hope Indy wins to bring a ball to Wilco Edited by owlman1967