Farragut VS Independence 5A State Title Game

SweetScience

I'm a believer that the numbers always tell the story. You are correct Admiral the offenses are very close with their production with Indy QB throwing for 3,500 yards with 38 TD's and the Farragut QB throwing for 3,300 yards and 43 TD's. I think the big difference here will be the turnovers with Indy QB throwing 13 Int's compared to 5 for Farragut QB. Slight edge here on paper goes to Farragut. You protect the ball and you win it's that simple. I do think that there is a bit of a difference in the competition the two teams have played so far but I'll have to compare their schedules. I don't believe they have played any common opponents. 

If you look at the win/loss records of both teams you can see that clearly the competition is higher in Middle Tennessee than in East Tennessee this year. (probably last year as well)

Indy's opponents combined records were 81-66

Farragut's opponents combined records were 72-74

Both teams played against one 6A team and won. Indy beat Smyrna (6-5) 21-7 on the road and Farragut beat Bearden (4-7) 28-27 at home.

Over the past two year period Farragut has had an excellent record at 23-3. Indy has played 3 more games in that period and hold an undefeated winning streak at 29-0. The three losses for Farragut will get exposed at some point in this game and Indy should take this one comfortably in the second half.

If you look at the win/loss records of both teams you can see that clearly the competition is higher in Middle Tennessee than in East Tennessee this year. (probably last year as well)

Both teams played against one 6A team and won. Indy beat Smyrna (6-5) 21-7 on the road and Farragut beat Bearden (4-7) 28-27 at home.

Over the past two year period Farragut has had an excellent record at 23-3. Indy has played 3 more games in that period and hold an undefeated winning streak at 29-0. The three losses for Farragut will get exposed at some point in this game and Indy should take this one comfortably in the second half.

they thought the same thing against cane ridge and we all know cane ridge could have pulled it out

ZoneRead56 for the record Farragut is no Cane Ridge! In fact if you look at the film against Ooltewah I think Ooltewah was the better overall team but they folded under pressure at the end and Farragut took them out. So hats off to Farragut! Cane Ridge had their opportunities against Indy and just couldn't get it done. Without a doubt Cane Ridge is the second best team in 5A this year if that makes you feel any better.(That's just my opinion)

While I agree most with what is you have said before, BUT i don't really get this argument. Bringing either team's record from last year into the mix just doesn't make much sense, and then to say that the 3 losses will "expose" Farragut in this game is crazy to me. Care to explain??

Also good to see another Farragut guy on here(we are few and far between).

adalum96 glad to have you aboard and discussing the Farragut side. I was trying to show as last year's Juniors and this year's seniors how things have trended for both programs. Last year we had mostly seniors on offense and graduated all the skill positions so there were A LOT of question marks coming into the season about our offense. On defense last year we had mostly juniors starting and this year their veteran leadership definitely helped keep the boat steady. Farragut lost in the second round last year and Indy won all 15 games. I was trying to make the point that experience in big games will hopefully pay off for Indy tomorrow night. No disrespect to Farragut at all just trying to make an apples to apples comparison.

Have watched a lot of Farragut football and they have come together as a team real nicely. The QB has played really well and got better each and every week plus along with the Collins kids #23 and #7. The tight end is another good receiver from the position #1 has played really well on both sides of the ball and run hard the second half of the game. The Owls throw the ball good against them plus had a couple good running backs but they for got there is two half of a football game and Farragut never gave up great game. Independence looks like the real deal from watching some You Tube video's of there game's. Got a lot of speed from there skilled position which can give Farragut a lot of problems plus there receive look big and fast which that has been a problem for Farragut defense. But you got to play the game Farragut has a lot of fight for 4 quarters being down to the Owls 28 points and came back to win haven't seen that from a Farragut team since the 1989 season in the first round of the playoffs to Central. Don't count Farragut out of this one.

adalum96 glad to have you aboard and discussing the Farragut side. I was trying to show as last year's Juniors and this year's seniors how things have trended for both programs. Last year we had mostly seniors on offense and graduated all the skill positions so there were A LOT of question marks coming into the season about our offense. On defense last year we had mostly juniors starting and this year their veteran leadership definitely helped keep the boat steady. Farragut lost in the second round last year and Indy won all 15 games. I was trying to make the point that experience in big games will hopefully pay off for Indy tomorrow night. No disrespect to Farragut at all just trying to make an apples to apples comparison.

I see your point now. I hope that the way this year has panned out for Farragut, that this team is ready to fight one last time.

Edited by adalum96

BigGray12 point well taken Indy is expecting a fight to the end from Farragut that is for sure. They have a RB/LB #1 that is their best player and I really like the way he plays. They have 3 or 4 players that play both ways and that will hurt them a bit later in the game. Indy doesn't have any players going both ways but I assume Guidry #7 (Mississippi State commit) will see a healthy dose of defense tomorrow. Speed is definitely on Indy's side but I assume Farragut will try to take a page out of Brentwood's playbook and run the ball with #1 to kill clock and limit Indy's opportunities. Sounds like this is lining up to be a good game!