Union City versus Mayfield KY 2017

ysoangry

Is it August yet?.  Can't wait to see how the new score board enhances the start of the games this season.  I'm hoping for some type of hype video.  Don't know if we will be that lucky.  Either way, it looks awesome.  I'm optimistic about this upcoming season.  Reports from the folks who are close to the team say that we will be a mauling, brutal, punishing type of team that will play for the 4th quarter. A team rreminiscent of the 2009 team. Bruisers  and pounders with some new twists added to keep those linebackers and DB'S honest.  I can't wait to see how this first matchup plays out.  Compete,PLAY Physical and Limit Fumbles.  Go Tornadoes

Edited by BigSwo

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, Manowar said:

Don't think McCracken has anything to do with Mayfield talent being down. Just like any small school you are going to have your up and down cycles. I don't think they ever have fbs prospect type players, just good solid players that might go to a Murray state at best, but I hear the talent coming up is lower than usual. Numbers is the big problem. They had to play a lot of 7th graders on the 8th grade team last year because they didn't even have 11 8th graders. By no means do I think they will not be good the next few years, cause I've never heard of a Mayfield team that wasn't at least above average, but they won't be as strong as the last few years, and definitely won't be as good as the teams they had from 2010-2012. Those teams where really good, but of course those teams had Jonathan Jackson on them that ended up at Murray state. Hear he left Mayfield as their all time leading rusher, and tackler. They don't get ones like him often. He probably would have went to a fbs college if he was a little bigger, but they won't have anyone like him for awhile if ever.

A little insight from a Mayfield Middle School Football dad: The incoming freshman class has always been small in number but huge in talent. They had 2 undefeated seasons - one of which they allowed 0 scored against them. They won 90% of their games from 3rd through 8th grade. Last year there were 3 season-ending injuries that dictated they use some 7th graders (that team is huge and have also been successful). The incoming 7th grade is also small in number but after that (younger classes), well, the elementary and the middle school have both been expanded to accommodate a huge influx of new students. Two teams have been fielded for one of the younger classes in the past couple of years.

When the incoming 8th graders were in 6th, they played Union City and it was a heckuva game! UC won on a last second pick 6 but it was close and well played by both teams. One difference in the two because of rules: Ky rules have a weight limit to run the ball and Tn does not. The heaviest runners MMS had faced were 125 lbs max (135 w/gear) and the 173 lb RB almost did us in early!

On the varsity game this year: about time! Mayfield needs quality opponents early in the season and UC will provide that... no doubt! We're all looking forward to the visit.

That 6th grade game was a dandy. I was on the sidelines helping coach my Jr. Tornadoes.  I remember that pick 6 very well.  I'm hoping for a good game like that in the season opener.  Should be a dogfight.  Compete Play Physical and Limit Fumbles. Go Tornadoes. 

On 7/1/2017 at 0:09 AM, BigSwo said:

Is it August yet?.  Can't wait to see how the new score board enhances the start of the games this season.  I'm hoping for some type of hype video.  Don't know if we will be that lucky.  Either way, it looks awesome.  I'm optimistic about this upcoming season.  Reports from the folks who are close to the team say that we will be a mauling, brutal, punishing type of team that will play for the 4th quarter. A team rreminiscent of the 2009 team. Bruisers  and pounders with some new twists added to keep those linebackers and DB'S honest.  I can't wait to see how this first matchup plays out.  Compete,PLAY Physical and Limit Fumbles.  Go Tornadoes

Hate to bust your bubble but the scoreboard could be a curse. McKenzie was riding high with several good years of football and went to he-- when they bought the big football helmet for the kids to run though................................. Kids might get star struck watching themselves on the big screen instead of playing. Just a thought. lol  

Yso, I hope you're wrong. We had to replace the scoreboard. The old one quit working at our last home game. Apparently there is a limit to the total number of points you can put on one before you have to replace it, lol. But seriously it had given us trouble the last couple of seasons, so it had to go. With the new on it was go big or go home as they say. We're also getting play clocks, which haven't been installed yet. I told my son he had to shave before his media picture because his face was going to be huge on there, lol. Our kids are really focused at game time. The new scoreboard might be a distraction for the first quarter, but then it will be business as usual. I think the other teams will be more distracted than us, after the first game.

22 minutes ago, fallguy17 said:

Yso, I hope you're wrong. We had to replace the scoreboard. The old one quit working at our last home game. Apparently there is a limit to the total number of points you can put on one before you have to replace it, lol. But seriously it had given us trouble the last couple of seasons, so it had to go. With the new on it was go big or go home as they say. We're also getting play clocks, which haven't been installed yet. I told my son he had to shave before his media picture because his face was going to be huge on there, lol. Our kids are really focused at game time. The new scoreboard might be a distraction for the first quarter, but then it will be business as usual. I think the other teams will be more distracted than us, after the first game.

It really looks good, I was just jabbing the moffia guy, Swo. Big gumba.  I was glad to read that Dresden was finally doing something with our weight room. It's wayyyyy overdue. As bad as it was needed if they don't do something with our lights someone will be killed at a football game. They are so bad the electric company refuses to send anyone up the poles to change lights. Enough of me invading your tread with Dresden stuff. 

About your game with Mayfield. This really should be a heck of a football game. Mayfield is always strong and I can see UC playing with a large chip on their shoulders this year. Last year the injury bug decapitated the three headed monster called UC football. Doubt if I make the game but I will have it on the radio for sure. Good luck to both teams and I'll be pulling for UC to get another gold. If not you, my second choice is the Adamsville thunder chickens. That should be another great game between two good teams with class act fans. 

• Upvote 1

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 7:16 AM, ysoangry said:

It really looks good, I was just jabbing the moffia guy, Swo. Big gumba.  I was glad to read that Dresden was finally doing something with our weight room. It's wayyyyy overdue. As bad as it was needed if they don't do something with our lights someone will be killed at a football game. They are so bad the electric company refuses to send anyone up the poles to change lights. Enough of me invading your tread with Dresden stuff. 

About your game with Mayfield. This really should be a heck of a football game. Mayfield is always strong and I can see UC playing with a large chip on their shoulders this year. Last year the injury bug decapitated the three headed monster called UC football. Doubt if I make the game but I will have it on the radio for sure. Good luck to both teams and I'll be pulling for UC to get another gold. If not you, my second choice is the Adamsville thunder chickens. That should be another great game between two good teams with class act fans. 

Yso I was hoping that I wouldn't 

• CoachT changed the title to Union City versus Mayfield KY 2017