Union City versus Mayfield KY 2017

ysoangry

Just doing my part of keeping it live in here.  Don't need my contributions anymore fallguy is doing well at getting after the Mayfield Folks.  Will say this Mayfield hasn't played many run only teams, and the ones they have haven't been on UC level, but There is 1 exception I can think of where they destroyed a team that was great at the run suprised No one from Mayfield called me out on that one, but I'll leave it up to them to point it out.  I'd say this team ran it better than any UC team ever.

Okay.  This is fun.  Regardless of what has been said, the UC faithful have respect for Mayfield and all they have accomplished.  I will not try to deligitimize what the Cardinals have done.  Because there are those in our former 1A Region who have done the same to my Tornadoes because they thought we cheated to stay in 1A. We have had our share of push over teams as well.  I'm so glad we don't have to play those guys anymore. Having said that,  I will always defend our boys and will stand up to anyone trying to insult them.  I don't know if Mayfield has played anyone like UC or not.  I don't care.  I am certain that when the whistle blows and the game starts there will be nothing but ground and pound football being played.  We will start slow but as the game wears on the impact will be harder and stronger.  If it's still close in the 4th quarter. ......don't expect to get the ball. 

mdom

I agree with you 100% Swo, it is great fun trading licks with the Cardinal faithful. In all seriousness I hope this one of the most epic high school games this region has ever seen. It deserves to be settled in overtime. For the players, the fans of high school football, and the game itself. 

Edited by fallguy17
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to point out that I've said nothing bad about the boys on the UC team. No sense doing that. I'm certainly glad we don't play push-over teams early in the season this year... they seem like a waste of time - or glorified practice, at best. I'd rather take an "L" from a good game than win a pointless one. But, that's me. No, I don't predict an early "L" for the RED AND BLACK.

Seeing all the "chest beating" going on here from the UC fans (and Mayfield fans) remind me that I just watched Kong with my kids. Big, impressive animal there. Except for one thing: it's GCI. Just like the bloviating here, right?

The kids will dictate the outcome. The coaches will help.

I have come up with a possible measuring stick: we have scrimmaged Milan for the last several years and do very well in that. When is the last time UC played them? Thoughts?

Edited by SImpleplan

13 minutes ago, SImpleplan said:

I'd like to point out that I've said nothing bad about the boys on the UC team. No sense doing that. I'm certainly glad we don't play push-over teams early in the season this year... they seem like a waste of time - or glorified practice, at best. I'd rather take an "L" from a good game than win a pointless one. But, that's me. No, I don't predict an early "L" for the RED AND BLACK.

Seeing all the "chest beating" going on here from the UC fans (and Mayfield fans) remind me that I just watched Kong with my kids. Big, impressive animal there. Except for one thing: it's GCI. Just like the bloviating here, right?

I have come up with a possible measuring stick: we have scrimmaged Milan for the last several years and do very well in that. When is the last time UC played them? Thoughts?

I don't remember the last time Milan and UC battled. Definitely pre-Bowling era.

50 minutes ago, SImpleplan said:

All the respect in the world for Union City and Mayfield. But you can't honestly compare how you have done in scrimmages against Milan to what you might do in a real game against UC. I openly admit that we have taken some lumps against Mayfield in scrimmages. But we do against most people. Having played for Morris I can tell you he doesn't care one bit about the score in a scrimmage. It is all about getting multiple players action in multiple positions. Nothing more.