L.O.D The Wingt 6a

apsugov7

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I am awake now.  Now what was that nonsense about the WingT winning state 6a?

Run up the middle against that much beef and you are going to get stuffed every time after your blockers get tired.  Also you average Wing T blockers really need to learn how to properly pass block so the QB has at least three seconds to do his reads properly.  You get predictable and ANY scheme suffers.

OK, I am awake now.  Now what was that nonsense about the WingT winning state 6a?

Run up the middle against that much beef and you are going to get stuffed every time after your blockers get tired.  Also you average Wing T blockers really need to learn how to properly pass block so the QB has at least three seconds to do his reads properly.  You get predictable and ANY scheme suffers.

LOD:

With all due respect to Oakland. They steamrolled just about every team they played. There aren't to many teams in high school football in Tennessee that has our line play. I'm being diplomatic here. They did in the game what they have done all year. Why would anybody expect them to do differently? There is NO way to anticipate what they experienced first hand. That type of stuff you don't believe, until you see it ... then it's too late.

You dance with the one that you brought to the party. That's what they did. I think it is unreasonable to expect anything different from them.

My 0.02 cents worth.

Edited by kwc

LOD:

With all due respect to Oakland. They steamrolled just about every team they played. There aren't to many teams in high school football in Tennessee that has our line play. I'm being diplomatic here. They did in the game what they have done all year. Why would anybody expect them to do differently? There is NO way to anticipate what they experienced first hand. That type of stuff you don't believe, until you see it ... then it's too late.

You dance with the one that you brought to the party. That's what they did. I think it is unreasonable to expect anything different from them.

My 0.02 cents worth.

While I somewhat agree, in the Championship game you are 'supposed' to expect better and bigger talent.  Your Coach played the game smarter and ran in subs regularly on offense and defense.

Coach Creasy did NOT have backups ready and if he did he did not use them for some reason.

I am used to planning for worse case scenarios so you are not surprised or overwhelmed.  If y'all had been calm at the first of the game it would not have been close.  You team also needs Coaching up on feints by the opposing line and linebackers.  Y'all gave up WAY too many penalty yards on simple stupid errors that should never happen this time of the year.

I may be considered picky by some folks, but when I commanded the State's anti Terrorist  group, we could NOT tolerate any mistakes.  We made a mistake and folks could have been dead.  When my son played for R'dale, I expected and demanded the same level of perfection by him.  Was I tough?  Yes, but he thanked me for it when he got his Gold Ball ring!  That is what I wanted from the Coach we got after Rankin.  You know how that turned out though.  He is where he belongs now, Coaching 'Middle School'!

Now y'all enjoy your Championship as the bullseye is on y'alls back now!

While I somewhat agree, in the Championship game you are 'supposed' to expect better and bigger talent.  Your Coach played the game smarter and ran in subs regularly on offense and defense.

Coach Creasy did NOT have backups ready and if he did he did not use them for some reason.

I am used to planning for worse case scenarios so you are not surprised or overwhelmed.  If y'all had been calm at the first of the game it would not have been close.  You team also needs Coaching up on feints by the opposing line and linebackers.  Y'all gave up WAY too many penalty yards on simple stupid errors that should never happen this time of the year.

I may be considered picky by some folks, but when I commanded the State's anti Terrorist  group, we could NOT tolerate any mistakes.  We made a mistake and folks could have been dead.  When my son played for R'dale, I expected and demanded the same level of perfection by him.  Was I tough?  Yes, but he thanked me for it when he got his Gold Ball ring!  That is what I wanted from the Coach we got after Rankin.  You know how that turned out though.  He is where he belongs now, Coaching 'Middle School'!

Now y'all enjoy your Championship as the bullseye is on y'alls back now!

Well ... this time in Coach Creasy's defense, this is his first bite at the championship apple. This is coach Saulsberry's third. Coach Saulsberry, and the entire coaching staff learned a great deal from losing that initial state championship game back in 2011. I think Coach Creasy has learned some things as well.

I agree about the feints. I actually think that coach Creasy did a good job of throwing that stuff into the game plan. Especially with how aggressive our O-Line and D-line are. It took the guys a while to get acclimated to what the opposing team was doing. I agree about the penalties in the 1st quarter as well. I agree with the HC, that was out of character for our team. However, they calmed down and settled in. Thank goodness for that defense ... it held them in the game through that rough start.

We will enjoy this. We will have to concern ourselves with that bulls eye stuff later.