L.O.D The Wingt 6a

apsugov7

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for ya Wave... Would you rather have Creasy at Gallatin with his 3 state title 2A rings, and a 6A silver ball with a win over Maryville, over the current situation at ghs? I mean, since wing-t is such a terrible system and all

I was pulling for Creasy at the time he was considered. I know some of the family. I do not think Gallatin could have kept him when Oakland came calling so he would have only been there for what 4 years? Creasy has modified his wing-t to include spread sets and I even saw power I formation with smokestack. Definitely not a true wing-T. Wing-T works for certain coaches and certain levels. It has success. I saw the wing-T tried one year in the late 90's at Gallatin and I hated every minute of watching it. If a coach brought it to Gallatin I would support that coach just like any other. That is my job as a supporter of the program, cheer and pull for the program. I want to win every game and I make no bones about it. That is one reason I do what I can to help the program in what limited capacity I can. I do not know if that answered your question but maybe it did.

Stuff the dive. Shut off the ends. Assignment football.

Oakland had several successful run plays. However, when you stuff the offense on 1st down and 2nd down. 3rd and long is extremely difficult for a Wing-T offense.

Dive? That's not part of the wingt offense smh....I guess you mean Trap. If you run the T correct ,you can't take it all away. One thing you are correct about is 3 and long but most teams now have the ability to spread too.