Tennessee Coach's Poll-5 December 2016

ArtusCimber

Last year Tennessee High gave everyone an 18 point cushion (and many times 24) and still won a Region Championship and placed 3rd at State Duals. I feel like a top tier team should be able to win even missing a kid here or there.

did they not win? In not trying to say Overton isnt good, nor am i trying to say Beech is all that and the kitchen sink...but again, its early in the season, they have 3 missing weights and starters out..its just not a good measuring stick. This same result later in the season would be huge..but its hard to say who is top tier and who isnt when nobody is at full strength yet. Unless youre Father Ryan and can beat a top 4 or 5 D1 team without being at full strength. That was impressive. Still lots of season left. Lots and lots of duals.
  • Upvote 1

There it is.

there is what? An "excuse"? Haha dude come on. Soddy whooped Hixon...but if soddy gave up multiple forfeits and had starters including a state champ out, and hixon only lost by a couple. .would you be making the same argument? Cause i dont think you would. Because Beech was ranked high, all of a sudden they have a close match and the comments come about "are they really that good" ill say it again... not taking away from overton...but everyone is all over the place. Nobody is at full strength and this early in the season, it's just not a good measuring stick. Take the bottom of the rankings for example. It's been an earthquake with teams hopping in and hopping out just because of 1 win or 1 loss. Its all opinion right now. It's a long season and will sort itself out. Everyone needs to chill out on the "upsets" and "overrated" talk..until everyone is 100% we wont know. So just let everything sort itself out. Congrats to Overton on a big resukt for the program. I hope they are around in febuary cause they sure were fun to watch

did they not win? In not trying to say Overton isnt good, nor am i trying to say Beech is all that and the kitchen sink...but again, its early in the season, they have 3 missing weights and starters out..its just not a good measuring stick. This same result later in the season would be huge..but its hard to say who is top tier and who isnt when nobody is at full strength yet. Unless youre Father Ryan and can beat a top 4 or 5 D1 team without being at full strength. That was impressive. Still lots of season left. Lots and lots of duals.

I wasn't implying that Beech isn't good.  I was making a point that the good teams find a way to win as they did in this situation. 

there is what? An "excuse"? Haha dude come on. Soddy whooped Hixon...but if soddy gave up multiple forfeits and had starters including a state champ out, and hixon only lost by a couple. .would you be making the same argument? Cause i dont think you would. Because Beech was ranked high, all of a sudden they have a close match and the comments come about "are they really that good" ill say it again... not taking away from overton...but everyone is all over the place. Nobody is at full strength and this early in the season, it's just not a good measuring stick. Take the bottom of the rankings for example. It's been an earthquake with teams hopping in and hopping out just because of 1 win or 1 loss. Its all opinion right now. It's a long season and will sort itself out. Everyone needs to chill out on the "upsets" and "overrated" talk..until everyone is 100% we wont know. So just let everything sort itself out. Congrats to Overton on a big resukt for the program. I hope they are around in febuary cause they sure were fun to watch

Using your example, If you would have given Hixson 18 of SD points it would have still been 44-27. Hardly a close match. So yes, I'd be making the same argument. Not sure why you're taking it personal, this is a forum to discuss and debate, stop being so dang sensitive!!

Well, well, well.  I hate to say I told you so, actually no I don't, I love it!  Take a look at the results of Cleveland Duals.  Arlington knocked off Legacy ranked Science Hill.  Will this earn Arlington a spot in the Coach's poll?

Also, I told you FR wasn't the team to beat in D2 this year.  Apparently not nearly as strong as everyone thought.  (Ok, so now lets hear the obligatory:  "FR won't look anything like they do currently when February rolls around, Simpson will have them ready when it counts...")

Congrats to Cleveland for knocking off Big Ole Bad #1

Arlington proved it belongs in the rankings for sure. Solid win of course. Cleveland made a statement!! I believe a few teams will still change by Feb but for Dec rankings Cleveland goes to the top. Great weekend for wrestling. ObserverW, you were right. Good call on Arlington being under rated. I still gotta pull for East TN Science Hill and TN High.