Carter

endofbcs

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sources tell me that all of the initial interviews have been completed and second interviews will be held either this week or next with the "finalists".  

The target date I have been hearing all along for a hire is February 1, which is a week from today.  

The names I am hearing still involved are solid.  A lot of coordinator and head coaching experience between them.  

Makes sense HTV, with that QB Carter has makes that job interesting and he's only a Sophomore makes it even more interesting. I know you don't name people directly but are there any current HC's in Knox County that have applied?

No, not a current Knox County head coach, but an current ET head coach is among whom I believe will get a second interview.  

One candidate whom I believe to be in the final group has OC, DC, and head coaching experience, and another is a former head coach and coordinator.  

The Carter Job is more than interstring. One could argue that Carter was the best job opening in Knoxville. That QB and the fact they are a young team makes their future very bright. Now all they need is the right hire and a Coach that can fill out a good staff that can build a program and the administration to throw a little support behind the athletic program. If that happens, Carter will be an interesting team to watch over the next few years. 

What makes it appealing is the QB. Anyone who knows anything about football can see the potential he has. It seemed like they had a good core around him when we played them last season. From what HTV is saying, Carter could land a very good HC, maybe a "Big Name?" I think they'll get a good coach, it's just kinda concerning that No names have even been discussed on this thread until now, and truthfully HTV is just throwing bones for us ðŸ˜.

That QB has the ability to be one of the best Knoxville has seen in quite some time. And like I have stated on here before the people in charge of finding a new coach are not really looking for a good winning football coach they are looking for someone who won't cause waves and pushes the" nobody gets hurt feelings and everyone gets a trophy mentality." This whole process should have been handled by now the more time that goes by, the worse the whole coaching search situation looks. Take a look at the Knox West coaching search they were truly looking for a winning coach, and multiple names were tossed around. They went out of Knox County to find a coach. Because the school officials at Knox West know how important a winning football program is to their community so they went with the coach they thought could help them be a successful program. I just don't believe Carter has the same motives behind their coaching search. 

Knox County is just not set up for athletics. I am shocked Knox County can get anybody to coach. Look at any major football states, i.e., Texas, Flordia, Georgia, Alabama, etc. The head football coach is also the AD and pulls in close to or over six figures. Look at any of the state Powerhouses they have similar set ups. The head coach doesn't have to teach they just focus on the football and athletic programs.  Also, One man cannot coach a whole team. To have a successful program, you also need a good coaching staff. How do you get a good coaching staff? You entice people with jobs in the school. Positions that probably do not exist at Carter. I don't see any school in Knox county hiring six new teachers all football coaches for next year. 

School officials focus more on standardized test score rankings than they do about high school athletics.  Don't get me wrong education is important. However, many of them miss what high school athletics truly are, a path to a college education for many kids who would not be able to pursue without playing a sport. National Signing day is coming up next week have ten kids sign a letter of intent on that day, and that is better publicity for your school and school district than any ranking from a standardized test score. 

Edited by TheTruth001